News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Simfest Dispatch and BACARS V7.0.8

Started by Gary Oliver, Mon, 3 Feb 2020 19:44

asboyd

Quick qery,
Can PSXBacars print to a physical printer? If so how do you set that up?

I cannot seem to get any add-on to provide the correct format for my thermal USB printer.

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

PSX747baw91g

I use AdaptPSX to print from bacars to my usb printer (POS 58 Terow )

asboyd

Problem I have with AdaptPSX is that the format end is wrong...
The date/time stamp does not get printed (so it ends up at the top of the next item printed) and the page does not get a form feed or CRLF....
It would be nice to have a printout that has some custom settings. WidePSX uses too large a font and the margins are too big so I only get half lines in the centre of the form... but it does form feed and send a cut signal...

So the print format of AdaptPSX and the control aspects of WidePSX.... now that would work (I think...:) )
Cheers,
AlexB

PSX747baw91g

asboyd

Wot part of Glasgow you in?
We came to Australia in '72 as a family. We were living in Balornock.... before that Partick....
My grandparents lived in Govan and my father was born in the Gorbals.

Seems like years ago now :)...

Cheers,
AlexB

asboyd

Seems I found another thing out about AdaptPSX.. if I set to Alt Font then I only get 10 columns across in the centre of the sheet, but I do get the date/time and a cut....The font seems to be very faint though I never get the extra feed lines added..... :)

Cheers,
AlexB

PSX747baw91g

Quote from: asboyd on Thu, 17 Dec 2020 04:45
Wot part of Glasgow you in?
We came to Australia in '72 as a family. We were living in Balornock.... before that Partick....
My grandparents lived in Govan and my father was born in the Gorbals.

Seems like years ago now :)...

Cheers,
AlexB

Clydebank born n bred, worked in Govan shipyard for a while before movinig on to work in Glasgow Central station, Glasgow has changed so much its barely recognizable now.

asboyd

It had changed a lot between 72 and 80 when I was last there....
My father was at John Brown's for a long time as was my grandfather...

The only thing I miss, though, is the cooler weather in summer....40+ DegC days are a definite bummer.... and don't get me started on the humidity.... :)

Cheers,
AlexB

PSX747baw91g

My dad was in John Browns till the last day before it shut down, sadly its now wasteland, college and doctors surgery that's now in its place.

asboyd

Just sent a PM with a link to d/l my test app....
:)

Cheers,
AlexB

thecrazedlog

Morning all:

Not getting any WX printout in PSX even with 5.1.0. I created a Hoppie login this morning and everything is green bar the four bottom buttons which are blue.

I'm not sure what further information to provide, I appreciate the above is little more than "its broken". I've read through this thread but it seems the problem was fixed back in 1.0.7/0.8.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: Other printouts work fine, including creating a test message in BACARS and sending it through.

Second Edit: It appears to be related to which type of WX I request. PSX ATIS by itself comes through and it gets printed. No VATSIM ATIS though.
SIGMET is blank, MET and METS seem to return nothing. All are "FROM: WXRAIS"
Combinations tend to result in nothing being printed.

Thanks

Anthony

Gary Oliver

It sounds like theres been some changes to the feeds that I consume for BACARS.... Now I know it cant be VATSIM as they promised to not do that again after the last 3 times they did! :-)

I shall try and have a look this week and the various issues that seem to have sprung up since it all worked perfectly for 40 legs during world flight (after the first few leg issues)

Cheers
G

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

thecrazedlog

Stop being ridiculous, the two of you. This is a serious issue.

We all know its the lizard people in conjunction with the Abominable Snowman!

asboyd

We are virtual aviators, therefore it is caused by virtual gremlins...... Have you not seen "Something in the Clouds"....

:)

AlexB

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi,
I never used Simfest Dispatch before, and reading the manual and looking at the you tube clip from Garry I noticed that the new portal has no loadsheet or online card option  anymore.
Where can I find this?
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

GodAtum

Hi Gary, just to let you know the Briefings page is down for me. OSX with Chrome, Safari & Firefox. Console error is:

blazor.server.js:19 [2021-01-30T13:23:00.795Z] Error: There was an unhandled exception on the current circuit, so this circuit will be terminated. For more details turn on detailed exceptions by setting 'DetailedErrors: true' in 'appSettings.Development.json' or set 'CircuitOptions.DetailedErrors'.

beat578

Hi
Just tried to open a briefing on the new simfest Page as well. It looks like it's still down. I get an ever turning icon and a yellow error message that i should reload the page. I am on Win10 and newest Chrome Browser.

Gary Oliver

All,

I have just managed to plan 10 different flights in a row with no problem (typical hey!)

Can you post a screenshot of your preferences panel for me?

Mine looks like this...

https://prnt.sc/yev0bh

This might point us in the right direction.

Cheers
Gary