News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSXseecon version 3.23 released

Started by kiek, Mon, 19 Jul 2021 19:02

asboyd

Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

b744erf

Thank you very much, Alex.
I will keep it well! This is absolutely perfect for PSX interfacing job!

asboyd

You are right Jack.
I keep a copy on dropbox, flash drive and backup DVD's along with my other PSX related add-ons + sioc...

One cannot be too careful... :)

Cheers,
AlexB

kiek

Quote from: asboyd on Tue, 16 Aug 2022 23:49
You are right Jack.
I keep a copy on dropbox, flash drive and backup DVD's along with my other PSX related add-ons + sioc...

One cannot be too careful... :)

Cheers,
AlexB
Hi guys,

If you send me a P.M I'll send you the requested files. I still have the PSXseecon sources and I still maintain it! I regularly compile it with the latest C++ compiler from Microsoft.

However, it is no longer on my site because it was confusing for the my current users of PSXseeconTraffic. You have to focus you know ;-)

Regards,
Nico

kiek

JG

Quote from: asboyd on Mon, 15 Aug 2022 04:29Jack,
I have placed 3.29 at https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6eixs1d58ajqmo/PSXseecon_v3.29.zip?dl=0
I am sure Kiek will not object.

Cheers,
AlexB
Hi Alex, been hunting for PSXseecon and found your post, after reading on I downloaded it from your dropbox.....just wanted to let you know, John YBCG.

asboyd

Quote from: JG on Sat,  2 Mar 2024 01:31Hi Alex, been hunting for PSXseecon and found your post, after reading on I downloaded it from your dropbox.....just wanted to let you know, John YBCG.

I have updated my dropbox to contain 3.37 here https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/47mg28mzpwt6q6kmp6466/PSXseecon_v3.37.zip?rlkey=c3qa532n5vj3w9pxj3al9m6is&dl=0

Enjoy....

AlexB

QuadFan

Thanks for sharing Alex.

I've wanted to do some interfacing/exploring with an Arduino and PSX. Unfortunately, starting PSXseecon v3.37 errors out with "Error 98: This version has been reverted, download version 0.0.0"

The log shows:
Sat Mar  9 14:24:59 2024 (utc) PSXseecon version 3.37.0
MAIN_WINDOW_X=400
MAIN_WINDOW_Y=20
No PSXseecon.cfg found, default values taken
[json.exception.parse_error.101] parse error at line 1, column 1: syntax error while parsing value - invalid literal; last read: '<'
lf_startUp_as_Thread
Error 98: This version has been reverted, download version 0.0.0
This is on the same PC as PSX, PSX was started in server mode first. Am I doing something wrong here? :)
Seb

QuadFan

Hi Kiek,

Thanks for creating PSXseecon! I bought PSX late last year and recently purchased OC I/O cards to interface with PSX. I'm trying to get PSXseecon to work on my Win11 desktop (everything runs on one PC at the moment), but version 3.37 errors out as above.
Alex was so kind as to provide version 3.29, which seems to work for him. Unfortunately this version gives me:
System Error: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.: "C:\DumpStack.log.tmp"The file was present and I removed it, but after deleting it, the error remains. It's probably something on my system as it is working for others, but any pointers as to where the culprit might be are greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for all your software, all the live traffic in P3D/MFS is great :)
Seb

QuadFan

Made a little progress (with version 3.29), after disabling dump stack logging as follows in the registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl]
"EnableLogFile"=dword:00000000

the error went away, the next one seems to be:

Version Check: latest <!DOCTYPE html> not valid
lf_startUp_as_Thread
System Error: status: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.: "C:\hiberfil.sys"

This is on a fresh Win 10 installation, UAC off and PSXseecon running as administrator. Not sure why PSXseecon is looking at these files at all.

Visual C++ Redistributable (x64) 2015-2022 version is 14.38.33135.
Seb

asboyd

Sebastian,
Try to run PSXseecon without admin privileges, I do not have admin rights set on my version.

Cheers,
AlexB

QuadFan

Alex,

I'll try that! I started without, but have made changes along in the troubleshooting process.

Cheers,

Seb
Seb

QuadFan

Today I managed to get it all to work (version 3.29 for now) 8)

I focused on SIOC first, with some testscripts, compiling and monitoring. After understanding what PSXseecon was trying to find and expect it started to work ('static' for the variables was one of the issues). Buttons, LEDs and rotary encoders all work now. So onto deciding what 747 panels to go with, which to build first and go spend some money  ;D

One step closer in the homebuilt 747 cockpit plan!
Seb

Palomeque8

Quote from: kiek on Thu, 18 Aug 2022 21:45Hi guys,

If you send me a P.M I'll send you the requested files. I still have the PSXseecon sources and I still maintain it! I regularly compile it with the latest C++ compiler from Microsoft.

However, it is no longer on my site because it was confusing for the my current users of PSXseeconTraffic. You have to focus you know ;-)

Regards,
Nico

Hello Nico, I am using PSX and I used PSXSeecon 3.37 to connect my SIOC, now I have a problem and I get an error "[json.exception.parse_error.101] parse error at line 1, column 1: syntax error while parsing value - invalid literal; last read: '<'
lf_startUp_as_Thread
Error 98: This version has been reverted, download version 0.0.0" I don't know why that error appeared now and I can't connect my devices to PSX. What should I do to recover my system? Thank you

Jhon

QuadFan

Quote from: Palomeque8 on Mon,  8 Apr 2024 19:23Hello Nico, I am using PSX and I used PSXSeecon 3.37 to connect my SIOC, now I have a problem and I get an error "[json.exception.parse_error.101] parse error at line 1, column 1: syntax error while parsing value - invalid literal; last read: '<'
lf_startUp_as_Thread
Error 98: This version has been reverted, download version 0.0.0" I don't know why that error appeared now and I can't connect my devices to PSX. What should I do to recover my system? Thank you

Jhon

Hi Jhon,

I ran into the same problem, Alex figured out that version 3.29 is still working (confirmed). Do you still have that version? Alex has a copy on Dropbox if you need one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6eixs1d58ajqmo/PSXseecon_v3.29.zip?dl=0

Cheers
Seb

kiek

Hi guys,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I unfortunately deleted the version info file at my web site. Now it is back again and you can run PSXseecon 3.37 without that error message about reverting to 0.0.0....

I've also put back  the PSXseecon part at my website https://www.lekseecon.nl/
See at the bottom for downloads, manual, release notes, lots of SIOC code for PSX  and my SIOC tutorial.

Nico Kaan

Palomeque8

Hello Nico, thank you for your response, I immediately downloaded it and will continue enjoying my simulator. Very good software.

Palomeque8

Quote from: QuadFan on Mon,  8 Apr 2024 20:32Hi Jhon,

I ran into the same problem, Alex figured out that version 3.29 is still working (confirmed). Do you still have that version? Alex has a copy on Dropbox if you need one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6eixs1d58ajqmo/PSXseecon_v3.29.zip?dl=0

Cheers

Hi Seb, thank you.

QuadFan

Quote from: kiek on Tue,  9 Apr 2024 07:22Hi guys,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I unfortunately deleted the version info file at my web site. Now it is back again and you can run PSXseecon 3.37 without that error message about reverting to 0.0.0....

I've also put back  the PSXseecon part at my website https://www.lekseecon.nl/
See at the bottom for downloads, manual, release notes, lots of SIOC code for PSX  and my SIOC tutorial.

Nico Kaan
Hi Nico,

Thanks!! As I just started interfacing PSX and OC hardware, this is very welcome.
Your example scripts really helped me to get into it :)

Off-topic question: do you still interface hardware with PSX yourself?

Cheers!

Seb
Seb

QuadFan

Quote from: Palomeque8 on Tue,  9 Apr 2024 14:46Hi Seb, thank you.

You're welcome, although v3.37 is fixed now, too :)
Seb