News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

New scenery bridge tool between PSX and MSFS

Started by CHEDHKG, Fri, 1 Apr 2022 14:17

GustavoLaPasta

Great tool man, works great and is super simple to launch and connect, very well done!

It would be nice if you could add an altimeter setting synchronisation between PSX and FS2020, as far as i could see the altimeter on FS2020 was always set to 29.92 inches while PSX one was different, thanks for whatever you can do.

GustavoLaPasta

Peter Lang

Quote from: asboyd on Mon, 11 Apr 2022 22:36
Ensure you have UAC turned off in Windows 10. and Also make sure you install the program in a directory that is owned by you, in other words do not use any of the Windows system folders.... "Windows", "User" (eg Desktop or libraries), "Program Files", etc.
I have a separate Directory called f:\flightstuff\PSX which contains my add-on programs in their own directories.

Cheers,
AlexB

Hi Alex,

thanks for your hints. The files are already on separate drives in separate directories, similar to your setup. Turning off UAC completely also does not change the situation.

Peter

asboyd

Have you tried right clicking on the exe and selecting properties, then under compatibility setting the run as administrator option?

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Peter Lang

Quote from: asboyd on Tue, 12 Apr 2022 07:49
Have you tried right clicking on the exe and selecting properties, then under compatibility setting the run as administrator option?

Cheers,
AlexB

Hi Alex,

yes, see previous post (reply to Hans), I also checked the BOIS in the meantime, but to be honest I'm not so familiar with these settings. And I also tried it on several other win 10 PCs and Notebooks (with no MSFS installed). Everywhere the same result. Changing my country settings also did not help..., ok perhaps, because it is still a german version. It is really strange.

Peter

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Ok, we entered the "anything goes" territory.

I recently managed to miscopy a file and its result was zero bytes long, but the name was correct. It was a Windows .exe file. When I attempted to run it, Windows started complaining that this version of Windows could not understand this file and that I'd better download something appropriate from the Microsoft Store. Yes it took quite a while before I found out what the problem actually was.

So it can be that your original downloaded copy has been mutilated in some way (not necessarily by becoming zero length) and that the header data structure no longer matches what the Windows binary loader expects to see. If you then used this broken file to try out on all other computers, you indeed would get the same effect.

This is one reason why people publish checksums and byte lengths of files that you can download.

Hoppie

B747-400

Quote from: Peter Lang on Tue, 12 Apr 2022 09:06
..., ok perhaps, because it is still a german version. It is really strange.

Should not be the DE version. As my MSFS server is EN, for testing purpose I started the bridge on a DE Win 10 PC without any compatibility issue. Me too suggests, re-downloading the file ... perhaps something went wrong.

As you tested on different PCs, it looks very much as a damaged download. Or, you have exactly the same system image running on the other PCs ...

Hans

CHEDHKG

Quote from: GustavoLaPasta on Mon, 11 Apr 2022 22:55
Great tool man, works great and is super simple to launch and connect, very well done!

It would be nice if you could add an altimeter setting synchronisation between PSX and FS2020, as far as i could see the altimeter on FS2020 was always set to 29.92 inches while PSX one was different, thanks for whatever you can do.

GustavoLaPasta

Hi Gustavo,

New version with altimeter synch.

CHEDHKG

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Tue, 12 Apr 2022 09:46
[...]

This is one reason why people publish checksums and byte lengths of files that you can download.

Hoppie

And added a MD5 checksum.

GustavoLaPasta

Quote from: CHEDHKG on Tue, 12 Apr 2022 13:02
Quote from: GustavoLaPasta on Mon, 11 Apr 2022 22:55

GustavoLaPasta

Hi Gustavo,

New version with altimeter synch.

Thank you so much!

JohnH

Quote from: asboyd on Sun, 10 Apr 2022 22:22
John,
If you start the PSXMSFS in a cmd box with "-help" or "-h" you will get a list of command line options. You can then use a command line setting to set the IP addresses of both the main and boost servers.

Cheers,
AlexB

Update example: d:\PSXMSFS.exe -m 192.168.92.246 -p 30474 -b 192.168.92.246 -c 30475
-m IP address of main server
-p Port of same
-b IP address of boost server
-c Port of same.
:)

Thank Alex, I tried what you suggested and PSXMSFS connected to PSX however the MSFS 747 does not move with the PSX aircraft??

John

Peter Lang

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Tue, 12 Apr 2022 09:46
Ok, we entered the "anything goes" territory.

I recently managed to miscopy a file and its result was zero bytes long, but the name was correct. It was a Windows .exe file. When I attempted to run it, Windows started complaining that this version of Windows could not understand this file and that I'd better download something appropriate from the Microsoft Store. Yes it took quite a while before I found out what the problem actually was.

So it can be that your original downloaded copy has been mutilated in some way (not necessarily by becoming zero length) and that the header data structure no longer matches what the Windows binary loader expects to see. If you then used this broken file to try out on all other computers, you indeed would get the same effect.

Hoppie

Hi Hoppie,

problem solved. You hit the point. The .exe file indeed was corrupted.

Usually I download files with a right mouse click and then save it as and so on. So I did it here. From the bin directory. Several times. Also from the other PCs. Same procedure with the .dll files. The .exe file always had the same size of 120 kb. After your hint I searched for a download button. By using this method, the .exe file had 155 kb.
I tried it and it worked. Without any popups, hesitations, etc.

Interestingly this right mouse click download method only affected the .exe file and is reproducable. So when I downlod via button it has 155 kb, via right click it has 120 kb. Every time (at least on my system). The .dll files are not affected, no matter if I download them via button or right click.

So thank you all very much for your ideas, efforts and help.

Stephan, I just ran a short test. Program runs fine and smooth. Lights work. Thank you very much for this excellent tool and keep up your great work.

Peter

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Peter Lang

asboyd

Peter,
When in github, if you left click on the exe file it will open a new window with a download button...this is the safest way of downloading with Opera.... I used to use Opera but changed to Vivaldi when I found out Opera was starting to data mine....

Cheers,
AlexB

Peter Lang

Quote from: asboyd on Tue, 12 Apr 2022 22:24
Peter,
When in github, if you left click on the exe file it will open a new window with a download button...this is the safest way of downloading with Opera.... I used to use Opera but changed to Vivaldi when I found out Opera was starting to data mine....

Cheers,
AlexB

Hi Alex,

thank you for the information. I will check it out. Btw aren't they all doing data mining?

Peter

asboyd

The guys that wrote Chrome have written Vivaldi and have set it up so it does not data mine.

Cheers,
AlexB

Britjet

I seem to be missing something here..
MSFS working...
I have C:/PSXMSFS with all the downloaded files, with "bin" and "include" as sub-folders.. (I haven't placed anything in my MSFS folders).
Using WIN/R I can find and run PSXMSFS.exe but after a brief flash showing the 127.0.0.1 message, nothing happens.
The -h flag doesn't produce anything.

Help needed! I'm not good at this dll/Simconnect stuff!

Peter

Britjet

Things improving - it works with PSX on the same PC as MSFS.
Now I need to get it across the network :-)
Peter

Britjet

Sorted - my problem was that every file in the PSXMSFS directory had to be "unblocked" in Windows.
Does anyone know how to get rid of this automatic blocking feature? Very annoying...
Peter

Britjet

Stephan,

Now that I'm a happy bunny again (!) I have a feature request?
It would be great to have a feature similar to the one that Jean-Phillipe utilized, where the master/slave relationship between PSX and MSFS could be switchable?
This has greatly helped me in the past for saving PSX situation files to the exact gate in MSFS, using the excellent WIDEPSX
Since we are all freeware here now I hope JP won't mind me mentioning it?
Peter