News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Warning by Start Scenery Generator Bridge

Started by Zigi, Sat, 14 Jan 2023 19:54

Zigi

Hello, everyone. I'm new here and trying to connect the MSFS and the PSX with WidePSX. With Network, the 3 connections are green. When I start "Scenery Generator Bridge" I get a warning:
PSX Boost Server Exception received. WidePSX wants to close.
Exception: For input string: "Qi138=1"

I have no idea what to do there. Maybe somebody can help me.

best regards
Zigi

Hardy Heinlin

Hello Zigi,

I'm not an add-on expert. But I can say that no add-on should ever send a string like "Qi138=1" to the boost server. Vice versa, the boost server will never send such a string to the add-on. Qi138 only occurs in the main network (not boost network) and it's used to update EICAS messages.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Is it possible to misconfigure the main server connection (in WidePSX) so that it accidentally connects to the boost server and vice versa?

Hoppie

Hardy Heinlin

Good point. Zigi, does your WidePSX configuration provide two "port number" entries where you can swap the numbers 10747 and 10749?

10749 is the booster.

Zigi

I changed the port number in the config file (WidePSX) on the boost server from 10747 to 10749 and now the connection works, many thanks for your quick support

rajeev

Hello everyone
 I am having the same type of issue as mentioned by Zivi wrt the scenery generator connector

Only thing is I am getting msg : PSX Boost Server Exception received Widepsx will close. Exception:For input string:"" vs the Qi138=1
All network is green
Main (127.0.0.1) 29747 , also 10747 works ie green
Boost 127.0.0.1 10749 green
Sim connect 127.0.0.1 29747

In PSX I Switched on the Boot server to start after which I got the connection green .
Main server kept as is on 1st line , also tried with selecting 3 option ie as main server . Both green

Could anyone help
Kind rgds
Rajeev

rajeev

Hardy Heinlin

Hello Rajeev,

when your boost server receives a string starting with "Q", then it's clearly a string that should be sent to the main server (10747), not to the boost server (10749). There must be a 10747/10749 mistake somewhere in your setting. Are you sure your quoted text is the relevant part of your configuration text?

Regards,

|-|ardy

rajeev

Dear Hardy

Thank you very much .
Solved the issue by the following steps
1) in psx network main selected option 3 ie set main server
2) psx boost server to start
3) Widepsx network port for main psx put 10747 ( earlier had 29747 and was also getting green)
4) click scenery generator link tab
5) all ok

Only one is the flight controls eg flaps  , gear is not working no up. This after a take off.
Once again thank you for your kind help.

Rgds
Rajeev

rajeev

To add
Dear hardy
 Have solved the gear, flap issue
P3D goes into pause mode when  I click on psx  window  for gear , flap retraction , extension . Unpause p3d . The flaps , gear retract. / extend

Kind rgds
Rajeev

asboyd

There is a setting in P3D which is "pause when lost focus" make sure this is not checked...

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia