News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Nav data for PSX: A new solution

Started by Hardy Heinlin, Sat, 23 Jan 2021 00:40

asboyd

Update,
I just tried YMML and again no gates are provided in the database. Bummer....

Ah well make do I guess  :-\

AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Hardy Heinlin

Navblue cycle 2003 has 136 gates at YMML and 205 gates at YSSY.
Aerosoft cycle 2105 has 139 gates at YMML and 205 gates at YSSY.

There's no gate "32" anymore. But the amount of gates is still 205. Maybe they have changed some identifiers on their apron. That sometimes happens at other airports as well over the years.

You can compare the gate list on the Analysis page. When you change databases on the About page and you want to recheck the Analysis page, you first need to refresh the Analysis page by entering a different airport.

Regards,

|-|ardy

asboyd

Will give it a go. According to the local aviation organisations charts YSSY still has gate 32 and YMML still has gate 11, both of which I could not get (plus others at the same airports).
Will check in PSX again after trying a different airport.

Cheers,
AlexB

asboyd

Looks like aerosoft have taken to designating the gates based on the terminal type so "I" for international gates, "D" for domestic, etc so instead of the Aviation Australia standard we now have to use I32 instead of 32.... That is confusing as none of the charts use I or D, etc.....

Regards,
AlexB

Hardy Heinlin

D-gates are in Navblue too. E.g. D32 and D32A ...

asboyd

I guess they used D to differentiate between Intl 32 and Dom 32....
Seems strange that Navblue and Aerosoft use different designations.
I will have to retrain myself to think "I"nternational :)

Cheers,
AlexB

Hardy Heinlin

If you have two gates of the same name "32", their building assignments may be visually clear on a chart, but the FMC cannot know which "32" is meant when the pilot just enters "32".

Regards,

|-|ardy

asboyd

I gathered that, just seems strange I have not had to use the "I" before now....
There are also C and non Alpha assignments as well.
I am guessing that the Alpha is associated with a terminal designation, the non alphas are just apron parking slots.

Cheers,
AlexB

Steve Hose

Hi Alex,

I've just uploaded AIRAC 2106 to my Dropbox and included a gate file along with airports and runways.

Regards, Steve.

asboyd

Thank you Steve,
Will have a look :)

Cheers,
AlexB

bublegom

I was right when I wrote that I was confident in Hardy to find a solution and did not want to put pressure on him ...
Thanks again.

François

GodAtum

Hi all, following the instructions on this page https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/simulators/3486/aerowinx-psx-nav-database-update-2021

I unzipped the downloaded file to the Aerowinx folder. So that Aerowinx/AEROWINX_PSX-NAV2105

I PSX and tick the boxes. Then restart PSX.

But I cannot see the "2105-Aerosoft" database from the database selection drop-down list.

I suspect I actually need to copy and paste the unzipped directory structure not as stated in Aerosoft's instructions.

So when unzipped the structure is AEROWINX_PSX-NAV2105\Navigation\-Custom\List\2105-Aerosoft. And I copy that 2105-Aerosoft folder to Aerowinx\Navigation\-Custom\List?

Avi

From the link above:

This will copy the nav data automatically into the subfolder Aerowinx/Navigation/-Custom/List

This is (2105-Aerosoft) where its suppose to be, not Aerowinx/AEROWINX_PSX-NAV2105.

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

GodAtum

It did not for me. When I unzipped it it went to Aerowinx/AEROWINX_PSX-NAV2105

I had to manually copy AEROWINX_PSX-NAV2105\Navigation\-Custom\List\2105-Aerosoft to Aerowinx\Navigation\-Custom\List

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: GodAtum on Fri, 11 Jun 2021 16:30
I unzipped the downloaded file to the Aerowinx folder. So that Aerowinx/AEROWINX_PSX-NAV2105

I think you first need to copy the zip file to the Aerowinx/ main folder. Then you double-click the zip within that Aerowinx/ main folder.

By the way, Aviation Megastore in The Netherlands now also sell the Aerosoft database. They added it to their shop today.

Regards,

|-|ardy

GodAtum, I just realized I forgot to add one of your Facebook photos to the new Users page. You kindly suggested it somewhere in this thread. Now it's added:

https://aerowinx.com/html/users.html

GodAtum

Thanks hardy, that makes sense.

No worries, glad I can help and thanks once again for your amazing work  :D

tim96

Hi there,

just out of interest, are they RNP Departure Routes in the new Database? I mentioned, that in EDDF OBAKA 2W, and OBAKA 2K is missing. Or is it because the 744 isn'able to fly it? I thought that the NG FMC could handle it.

Thank you for answering in advance.

Best regards, Volker

Markus Vitzethum

Hi Volker,

if I'm not totally wrong, I don't find it in other sources (e.g. the 2020 Default NavBlue database) either... 

If it's coded in the databases, it should be available in the Default database, because the chart is dated May 2019, but it seems not to be coded in a nav database.

Markus

tim96

Hi Markus,

thank you for your quick response, i think you are right, my fault. I thought the routes with designation K and W are still alive. My paper chart ist from 2019 :) Sorry

Have a great day

Volker

Markus Vitzethum

Hi Volker,

it was not meant that way - the chart is still active and can be viewed in Jeppesen (Navigraph) and LIDO (Aerosoft) chart subscriptions. But it doesn't seem to be coded into NavDBs.

Markus