News:

Precision Simulator update 10.178 (27 September 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Hello

Started by Manc, Thu, 16 Sep 2010 23:25

Manc

It's been over five years I think, but I've just dug out the old CD this evening to reinstall the simulator and I thought I'd see what was happening in the Aerowinx world.  Excellent and unexpected news (well it's news to me) about PSX - I'd long given up hope that that there would be another version or even anything else like it.

I first got hooked by aviation and the 747 in particular back in 1995 when I had my first flight deck visit on a 747-400 over the middle of Siberia.  I came across PS1 shortly afterwards and I remember eagerly following its development progress until it was released and I finally got to order my copy -  I also remember the the wasted afternoon at work ploughing through the manual the day it arrived :)

Since then I've done some real flying of my own and in the last couple of years I've also had the opportunity to spend a bit of time on some proper full motion simulators, mostly the 757 and 737 classic and an hour or so on an A330 (I'm not getting into the whole Boeing v Airbus thing, but in my opinion, the Boeings are more fun to fly).

So what prompted me to get the sim out again after so long???  Simple ... after a decade waiting for the opportunity, in a little over two weeks I get to spend a whole morning on a 747-400 full motion simulator, so time for some revision  :D

Andy

Hardy Heinlin

Hello Andy,

welcome aboard.

In your next sim session, could you do us all a favour and check how much aileron input during the takeoff run makes the aircraft yaw and in which direction? :-)

Cheers

|-|ardy