News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

visualpsx and windows/mac interoperability question

Started by Balt, Mon, 8 Dec 2014 11:22

Balt

Hi all,

I have an OS X based PSX setup, but am in need of a visual system. I was thinking of getting Prepare3D running on a windows box, I have a leftover GPU render engine with a GTX590 and 780 in it, that should produce some nice graphics with a few projectors attached.

How would I need to set this up? Would the windows box with P3D have to be the main PS X server as well, or would it be happy to be a slave that connects to the main server run on OS X?

Cheers

- Balt

kiek

Quote from: BaltWould the windows box with P3D have to be the main PS X server as well, or would it be happy to be a slave that connects to the main server run on OS X?
No it does not need a server (or client) as well. Prepar3D can be connected to the PSX main server at OS X via VisualPSX running in the windows box as well.

rgrds,
Nico

United744

Hi,

You configure VisualPSX by telling it the IP address of the PSX main/boost server. You could connect it to a server over the internet if you wanted, but it is not advised due to bandwidth issues.  :P

Windows system:

* P3D
* VisualPSX (pointing to Mac IP address)

Mac:

* PSX itself (running as main/boost servers)

Balt

Excellent, thanks for the info! Much easier than I thought then.

Cheers

- Balt

Balt

Does anyone have some P3D screenshots, perhaps in comparison with FSX and Xplane?

Also, is the weather depiction linked to what PSX sees on its WXR? Ie possible to avoid an isolated CB both visually and on WXR?

Cheers

Balt