News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX and FSX scenery

Started by xanix1, Sun, 3 Aug 2014 09:23

xanix1

Hello everyone im new here and just wanted to ask how difficult is going to be so setup PSX to run the FSX scenery.Can I just use one Pc with one monitor or am I going to need 2 monitors one for PSX running and other monitor running FSX scenery.
Thankyou in advance it's a wonderful product. :)

JP59

xanix1

Thanks for that but Iam still not sure I quite understand. :roll:

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

You need three things: PSX, FSX, and the connector program from Garry.

You could run all these on one PC on one monitor, but this would give you trouble:

1. There is not enough CPU power to run FSX if you don't give it its own computer.
2. There is not enough display space to both view PSX's panels and FSX's eye candy.

Most people end up going with two computers and multiple displays.

For PSX, the FSX eye candy is not required. It does not help you learning how to fly the plane, and it is not needed from the moment you line up on the runway to the moment you turn off after landing.

Hoppie

John Golin

I ran PSX and MSFS just fine on one monitor... albeit a grunty PC.  One is DirectX, the other OpenGL so they don't fight for graphics resources.

Note this is a compromise... having to squash PSX down to the bottom half of the screen really makes it fiddly to operate...
John Golin.
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

xanix1

Hello everyone and Thankyou for your replays i understand now  so I my graphics card has two outputs gor 2 monitors one is hdmi and the other VGA so I could run PSX on VGA and FSX Scenery on hdmi. Or I could run it on my laptop which also has hdmi port for another monitor.
Here are my specs:
CPU Intel i7
Videocard GTX 3GB
17" Screen
8Meg Ram
Thanks for all you help everyone Iam looking forward to PSX realise.
 :)

Phil Bunch

I just took a quick look at the latest Nvidia video cards for gaming and was a little surprised at how expensive the highest performance cards are.  

Here's a video card (GPU) benchmark page:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Here's the FAQ page that uses the above benchmark data required to enable certain scenery generation features and flight sim scenery generation performance and frame rates:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/68303-x-plane-10-performance/

Here's a link to Nvidia's GPUs, which includes features and specifications:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus

Do Mac PCs include options for high-performance video cards?  I seem to recall that the new Mac Pro computer includes fairly high-performance video cards but not many options and no access to the most powerful GPUs.
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

Django

Quote from: John GolinI ran PSX and MSFS just fine on one monitor... albeit a grunty PC.  One is DirectX, the other OpenGL so they don't fight for graphics resources.
Do you mind elaborating on that?
Regards, Django EGLL.

Garfield30

I have a question about the FSX Scenery :

Can PSX only use the standard scenery from FSX or can it use the whole scenery (include addons like REX, FS Global, FTX Vector and also the Addon Airportes (like from Aerosoft etc) ?

Thank you for a quick reply

Alex

Kockie69

I'm running PSX and FSX and have some aerosoft scenery ( including Dusseldorf and Amsterdam).  No problems till now and I don't expect any either.

Robert

jb747

PSX just uses the camera in FSX.  Any scenery displayed in FSX will display when using Garry's program.   I did a video during the early beta phases that had the UT traffic, weather textures, the EDDF addon scenery from Aerosoft, GEX, UTX, etc and it all displayed fine.  This was before Garry had developed his traffic injection program so at that time the AI showed on the visuals but was not represented on the PFD in PSX.

One thing you have to be aware of is that several of the addon airports don't follow exactly the gate locations.  Hence, positioning the B744 in PSX at a gate might not line up with the gates on your scenery.  It's easy to work around but can be a bit of a surprise.

Cheers,

Jon

Garfield30

Quote from: jb747PSX just uses the camera in FSX.  Any scenery displayed in FSX will display when using Garry's program.   I did a video during the early beta phases that had the UT traffic, weather textures, the EDDF addon scenery from Aerosoft, GEX, UTX, etc and it all displayed fine.  This was before Garry had developed his traffic injection program so at that time the AI showed on the visuals but was not represented on the PFD in PSX.

One thing you have to be aware of is that several of the addon airports don't follow exactly the gate locations.  Hence, positioning the B744 in PSX at a gate might not line up with the gates on your scenery.  It's easy to work around but can be a bit of a surprise.

Cheers,

Jon

Hello Jon,

did you mean that the traffic, like UT2 from FSX will not display on the ND (TCAS)?  

Thank you for reply
Alex

jb747

Hi,

My video was done before Garry had completed his traffic injection program (TrafficPSX).  When you install that there is an option to inject FSX traffic into PSX.  When you check that box you do see the traffic displayed on the ND.

Cheers,

Jon