News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Started by mikeindevon, Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:57

Hardy Heinlin

04 Approach 007 - Real-world weather - San Francisco.situ

Swiso, this is an offset LDA approach, not a normal ILS; LDAs cannot be autolanded. Which navdata version and PSX version are you using?

If your ILS is not tuned to "IFNP", you are not using the original situ from the DVD but a modified situ. In the real world and in PSX, it's impossible to autoland with the "IFNP" station.

|-|ardy

Swiso

Hello Hardy,
I have PSX 10.1.0a and Navata 1603.
Since I have only one display, I divided it in two....upper half Xplane visual,  lower half PSX.
I let PSX play out that situation.....without any input from me....no crash there...
I might try that again oy on PSX  to see what happen.

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Swiso,

if you don't see the PSX scenery you cannot tell where it has landed.

PSX will never crash if the landing is smooth. So if it hasn't crashed, you cannot conclude it has landed on a runway.

An LDA approach is an offset approach. Offset approaches are no reasonable methods to test scenery offsets :-)

Did you see the offset on the ND map? Is the ND large enough? Or did you use the ND APP display?

|-|ardy

Swiso

:-[
What a shame...obviously you're right Hardy !
A nice soft "landing" on the side of 28R....
They both are right in sync.

Anybody else got that annoying noise while using XPlane 11 ?
EDIT: I think is the landing gear that do the noise...I loaded situ 03 Approach 21...checked in PSX and the LG was down....on XPlane 11 was not (changed to external view and saw no landing gear down).
Plane landed without problem (XPlane)....then closed PSX, and saw the 744 lowering the gear.
Must be some command that is not working properly...

hunijjang

Hello

Mike, Have you found of that TCAS Problem with XView?

I want to know about the progress.

Also I am just waiting for here.  :)

Thanks

Best Regards,

Younghoon

mikeindevon

The landing light bug in X-Plane has been fixed in 11 beta 3 so the original win.xpl will work again.  I don't know whether they have corrected the fault in 10.51 as well.

Mike

mikeindevon

Hi hunijjang,

I can't quite understand from your posts exactly what your problem is.  It seems that you have X-Plane traffic and you are not seeing more than one in the PSX ND.

I don't want to do any work on problems with XP 11.  This is still an early beta and as we saw with the landing lights, the issue was with XP rather than XView.

I have looked at the ND display using XP10.51.  I set up three AI driven aircraft and I see them on the PSX ND.  So I don't think that there is a problem my end.  They do however move out of view quite quickly. 

You need to set in XView settings window the "number of traffic aircraft" and "Draw XP traffic".

Do remember that any planes on the ground do not show up on the ND.  Hardy did explain the rules for this some time back.

I read the positions of the other planes from sim/multiplayer/position/plane[n]_lat etc where n is 1 to 7.  If some other package is generating the traffic, they may not be  filling these variables properly.  You could always check using the DRE (Data Ref Editor)

Mike

hunijjang

Quote from: mikeindevon on Wed, 28 Dec 2016 17:03
Hi hunijjang,

I can't quite understand from your posts exactly what your problem is.  It seems that you have X-Plane traffic and you are not seeing more than one in the PSX ND.

I don't want to do any work on problems with XP 11.  This is still an early beta and as we saw with the landing lights, the issue was with XP rather than XView.

I have looked at the ND display using XP10.51.  I set up three AI driven aircraft and I see them on the PSX ND.  So I don't think that there is a problem my end.  They do however move out of view quite quickly. 

You need to set in XView settings window the "number of traffic aircraft" and "Draw XP traffic".

Do remember that any planes on the ground do not show up on the ND.  Hardy did explain the rules for this some time back.

I read the positions of the other planes from sim/multiplayer/position/plane[n]_lat etc where n is 1 to 7.  If some other package is generating the traffic, they may not be  filling these variables properly.  You could always check using the DRE (Data Ref Editor)

Mike

Hi

What part do not you understand? Please let me know!

last time, 17 Dec you was reply to me this.

'Hi Younghoon,

I will have a look at these issues in a day or two.

Mike'

then, I just waiting of your the answer and you just didn't to me for that the answer after day or two or a week.

It was no problem for that my waiting.

Also I didn't mention at all for the XPlane 11 with XView.

so, I don't know why telling you such a thing of them and I don't have a XPlane 11 yet.

I have a XPlane 10.51 64bit for the XPlane of my version.

Also, I've already done that setup as you noticed about this.

Please check this link : http://blog.naver.com/hanuljikimi/220887756781

However, that is only works to just 1 of traffic as shown in the TCAS of the PSX.

Have you got test to XPlane 10.51 of default traffics?

Best Regards,

Younghoon

mikeindevon

Hi hunijjang,

Thank you for your post.  As I mentioned above, I ran a test here using the AI aircraft from X-Plane on 10.51 and they all showed up on the PSX ND.  As far as I am concerned XView is working correctly.

One final thought - you may need to set up the additional aircraft in the XP Aircradt menu.

Mike

mikeindevon

It has been pointed out that traffic generated by the X-Plane add-on "World Traffic" does not show up on the PSX ND when using XView.  I have discussed this problem with the author and it is a result of World Traffic having to use its own datarefs for traffic positions.  See p58 of thier manual.

To get this to work would require a specific World Traffic extension to XView, which I am in principle prepared to do, but only if there is sufficient interest in this particular package.  Let me know.

Mike

Zapp

A "world traffic" extension would be awesome!

Andrea

hunijjang

Quote from: mikeindevon on Fri, 30 Dec 2016 14:54
It has been pointed out that traffic generated by the X-Plane add-on "World Traffic" does not show up on the PSX ND when using XView.  I have discussed this problem with the author and it is a result of World Traffic having to use its own datarefs for traffic positions.  See p58 of thier manual.

To get this to work would require a specific World Traffic extension to XView, which I am in principle prepared to do, but only if there is sufficient interest in this particular package.  Let me know.

Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for your the answers and That's really thoughtful of you.

The XView By default, if it's all works to correctly as you said, I won't have to spend your time in this problem for the WT.

Also, I don't thought a lot of PSX users, use to with PSX with the WT.

If want to this someone, I thought better X-Life(http://jardesign.org/x-life/www/) by JARDesign.

I don't have to Installation of this, but there are on freeware version.

But Also the X-Life Deluxe version(http://store.x-plane.org/X-Life-Deluxe_p_472.html) is payware $19.99.

The World Traffic 2.0(http://store.x-plane.org/World-Traffic-20_p_226.html) is $29.95 so, It is a bit expensive more than X-Life Deluxe version.

I wish you a very Happy New Year!  :)

Thanks

Best Regards,

Younghoon

mikeindevon

Having spoken to the X-Life guys, I think their traffic program should work with XView as is.  They use the same datarefs as me.   I haven't tried it personally.  Mike

Bastien

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your great Xview !
Actualy it is working well with X-plane 11 beta3.

I'm testing online flying on IVAO network :

working well:
- light and animations
- altitude reporting for other players
- set comm frequencies and transponder code
- tcas

not working well :
- activate the transponder from stby to active mode
(when PSX is driving the "comm" via Xview the transponder doesn't work. You can set the code but you cannot activate the transponder)

- speed reporting for other players
(other players saw me with a speed of 2 kts)

I can confirm that I see a speed of 0 kts on xplane data output.

It would be great if you can investigate about that ?
Thank you
Bastien

mikeindevon

Hi Kenny,

I will have a look.  What software do you use to interface with IVAO?

I seem to remember some limitation with the transponder that I couldn't get round when I wrote XView - I will have another look.  With regard to the speed, I will see if there is a dataref to put in the ground speed.

Mike

Bastien

Hi Mike,

Thank's for your answer.
I use the official IVAO client for Xplane "X-IvAp"  (last version 0.34).

The most important issue is about the speed.
The other point about transponder activation is less important as we can still use it directly in X-IvAp by disabling PSX set Comm option in Xview.

For information X-IvAp client transponder has only two states : "Standby" and "Transmit" (in mode C)
Let me know if I can help you much more for troubleshooting.

Thank you
Bastien.

mikeindevon

Hi Bastien,

The problem with the speed is that the groundspeed dataref in X-Plane cannot be written to.  You can see this in the list of datarefs in the plugins directory of your installation.  The file is DataRefs.txt.  The "n" is the problem.  I have just raised an issue with LR but I think they are unlikely to do anything about it.

Perhaps the client you use can be written to directly by XView.  Can you find out if it exposes any datarefs?  This might also solve the transponder problem.

Mike

Bastien

Hi Mike,

I've done some quick search about dataref :

From Ivao some perhaps old informations :
https://www.ivao.aero/softdev/x-ivap/sdk.htm

There is a link with mail to contact the devs ...

From Xsquawkbox :

http://www.xsquawkbox.net/xpsdk/docs/DataRefs.html
I can see informations for transponder mode (data is writable)

http://www.xsquawkbox.net/xpsdk/mediawiki/Sim/cockpit/radios/transponder_mode

I've a question about "grounspeed", if the data is readonly, I assume it should be internaly computed, so could we put "indicated_airspeed" or similar data to try if xplane compute a grounspeed ?

Best regards
Bastien

hunijjang

Quote from: mikeindevon on Sun,  1 Jan 2017 18:31
Having spoken to the X-Life guys, I think their traffic program should work with XView as is.  They use the same datarefs as me.   I haven't tried it personally.  Mike

Hello Mike

I bought to the X-Life Deluxe version and Have to tried with this for the XView.

However, That is not shown as TCAS ND for any traffics.

I checked to the XPlane 10.51 of Default Traffics and They are shown as TCAS ND.

But As you noticed about this, too quickly then losted and seems to be Not to smooth working as well.

last, I settings to max 13 of traffic to the XPlane 10.51 of Default Traffics.

Also there are some difference for shown the TCAS ND, the Max valve to 13 and 30 for the Default Traffics.

Thanks

P.S : I don't have to much times, Its just tried a little bit times.

Best Regards,

Younghoon Choi

NAVPI

[blank]