News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET.MSFS WASM Module Crashing / Failing to Start

Started by Gary Oliver, Thu, 22 Feb 2024 13:29

Gary Oliver

All,

I am troubleshooting an issue on a friends simulator which I have not seen since my first development attempts of the WASM module.

With the MSFS.Client and MSFS.Router running, when you select a flight in MSFS using the WASM aircraft and click fly now the WASM module loads, freezes the flight and takes control of the aircraft. 

However we have seen several times now, the aircraft fall out of the sky (or tumble under ground) and not be controlled by PSX position.  The only way to fix is to hit ESC and click restart flight, then everything works.

Never have had to restart the client or router in this situation either.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue or found a way of solving it?  My suspicion is the WASM module is failing to compile or load.

Cheers
G

B747-400

Hi Gary,

never experienced such failure.

I've created a start-procedure-script which starts PSX Server and SimStack Switch first.

Then MSFS, loading a prepared standard LOWW.PLN file, clicking FLY NOW and FLY.

When MSFS is running, the script starts PSX ROUTER and CLIENT (in that order).

Once that has been done, I do not mess around with MSFS any longer. All re-positioning is commanded by PSX, pushback is done by PSX commanded and supported by my own tool.

So far I have to say, that runs rock solid.

Cheers
Hans

garys

Yes, this was happening to me pretty much constantly. Aircraft would fall out of the sky and then end up upside down underground. Exiting and reloading the flight wouldn't solve the problem so I started looking into Win 11 system settings. In advanced firewall settings I changed both the private and public network incoming and outgoing permissions to allow. This seemed to fix the issue for me. I predominently use Prepar3d so my firewall settings are back to normal but I can test this again with the latest WASM modules if you need.

QuadFan

QuoteYes, this was happening to me pretty much constantly. Aircraft would fall out of the sky and then end up upside down underground. Exiting and reloading the flight wouldn't solve the problem
I have had the same issue as garys, but I had not flown for about 2 months :(
Router and client updated successfully as did MSFS. It kept happening though, until last tuesday which gave me a nice flight experience as I used to have. Not sure what the culprit was.

Is there anything we can do if it occurs to help you debug/track the problem?
Seb

Will

Are you starting MSFS with the WASM aircraft on a runway before linking it to PSX, or starting in the air before linking it to PSX?
Will /Chicago /USA

Gary Oliver

Is everyone else experiencing the problem seeing by going in to dev mode and selecting debug > console the following lines?

WASM: Module PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM.SimObjects.wasm initialized.
WASM: Module PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM.SimObjects.wasm loaded...
WASM: Module PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM.UserObject.wasm initialized.
PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM.SimObjects
: SimConnect_Open failed
WASM: Module PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM.UserObject.wasm loaded...
PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM.UserObject: SimConnect open failed.

QuadFan

Quote from: Will on Thu, 22 Feb 2024 22:28Are you starting MSFS with the WASM aircraft on a runway before linking it to PSX, or starting in the air before linking it to PSX?
The latter, I start in the air when I have PSX, router and client running. Never on the ground.
Seb

B747-400

just 4 info: my starting order is as mentioned above.

The MSFS .PLN file I load is placing the WASM model on ground.

Then router and client connects to PSX which replaces according to loaded .situ.

No probs at all with this procedure.

Cheers
Hans

Bluestar

I link WASM to PSX at the same airport and as close as possible to the same location without any problems.
Grace and Peace,

Bode

Will

I start at airports all over the world. It's a good way to see new scenery in MSFS, and it's also funny to see a 747 on a 1000' dirt strip on a jungle mountain.

But here's the thing, when I start MSFS above the ground, sometimes it falls to the earth (and even below the earth) when connecting to PSX. I learned to never connect in the air.

Try starting on the ground. Find an interesting airport on the MSFS world map, left-click on the airport icon to "Set As Departure," and then start your MSFS flight ("Fly" and then "Ready to Fly"). Then start PSX and connect the router and client. This works for me every time without fail.
Will /Chicago /USA

Ton van Bochove

I never have experienced this problem. I start PSX etc, then MSFS and router and client at the same time. When I am at an airport I choose this airport, when I am flying I choose a random airport.
Ton