News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSXvibrate and Buttkicker Plus

Started by Ton van Bochove, Thu, 28 Dec 2023 14:05

Ton van Bochove

Gary and other Buttkicker users

Today I connected the Buttkicker to my chair and PC. The Buttkicker test software was positive: my chair was shaken using USB as well as the headphone jack. After starting PSX and connected to PSXvibrate I tested PSX vibrate with "test touchdown" which is heard perfectly but there was no haptic feedback. Testing the output in Windows it also give a haptic feedback so I guess the sound card connection is OK too.
The only issue is now how I connect PSXvibrate to the ButtKicker.... any ideas?
Ton

b744erf

Just simply input your PSX main server IP.  Job Done and enjoy.

Ton van Bochove

Buttkicker and PSX/PSXvibrate are on the same machine, so the local IP was used. The BK is seen as speaker in Windows so no IP is necessary I believe. It is something connectivity between BK and PSXvibrate because BK works when I test it in the BK software and I hear the PSXvibrate sounds but I don't feel them
Ton

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Does PSX Vibrate have any indication that a successful connection was made to PSX?
Or do you mean that you hear new sounds through the normal speakers at PSX trigger times but no further response from the BK "speaker"?
Does PSX Vibrate need to be pointed explicitly at the BK "speaker" instead of at the normal system speakers?

Gary Oliver

PSXvibrate will use your default audio device on windows.  (However interestingly that wouldn't be too difficult to make a configurable setting if you want to run sounds and vibrate on a single PC)

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Sat, 30 Dec 2023 16:56Does PSX Vibrate have any indication that a successful connection was made to PSX?
Or do you mean that you hear new sounds through the normal speakers at PSX trigger times but no further response from the BK "speaker"?
Does PSX Vibrate need to be pointed explicitly at the BK "speaker" instead of at the normal system speakers?

PSXvibrate is visibly and aurally connected to PSX and to the system speakers. When you activate the BK software the ButtKicker appears in the windows speaker setup and it should be activated.
Ton

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Sat, 30 Dec 2023 20:17PSXvibrate will use your default audio device on windows.  (However interestingly that wouldn't be too difficult to make a configurable setting if you want to run sounds and vibrate on a single PC)

I agree with you that it should be straightforward....I start all over again to find "the bend" :-)
Ton

garys

When I ran a buttkicker I used a Y cable with an 3.5mm to rca adapter to run both the speakers and buttkicker from the same sound card. Butt kicker amplifiers are notorius for frying themselves so I moved on to a bettter system but that should get you working. Make sure your High pass and low pass filters are set correctly as well.

Ton van Bochove

I tried the Y cable to with earphones: BK works, PSXvibrate works....but the PSX sound was mute. I think something in my setup is wrong. The gear is packed and ready for shipping. What system do you use?
Ton

Gary Oliver

So just to confirm, I run the buttkick we from it's own sound card feeding just the buttkicker.  You're saying that's not working? When you taxi along you don't get bumps?

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Mon,  1 Jan 2024 12:42So just to confirm, I run the buttkick we from it's own sound card feeding just the buttkicker.  You're saying that's not working? When you taxi along you don't get bumps?

Bump sound yes, bumps no. But when I open the sound config in windows and push the etst button I get sound and haptic response???
Ton