News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Blue Holding Pattern

Started by Bluestar, Wed, 24 Aug 2022 17:00

Bluestar

There is a blue holding pattern attached to my aircraft position.  What is it doing and how do I clear it?

I've only noticed it on my flights from PGUM-KSFO.  If needed I can also attach the flight plan.

Bode

https://www.hoppie.nl/forum/var/2022-08-24_15.56.22_--Event_record_2022-AUG-24_15-50-51.situ

Grace and Peace,

Bode

Hardy Heinlin

I'm seeing it.

If the hold is cyan while the ACT RTE is selected, it's a hold in the missed approach segment (NG FMC).

I've never seen this effect, but I guess it came in by certain approach procedure selections on the DEP/ARR page etc. Do you remember what steps you made?

Anyway, to reset this little ghost, you may do this:

1. Enter any random waypoint, e.g. VHHH, after the last waypoint and press EXEC
2. Delete that same waypoint and press EXEC

Ghost is gone.

|-|ardy

P.S.: Just noticed that your ACT RTE contains a KSFO missed approach without a hold at the end. What nav database are you using? Or did you delete that hold in the LEGS? If so, how?

Bluestar

I am using Navigraph for my data.

The initial routing is DCT KAQTU W21 BESSS from RWY06L.  In DEP/ARR I checked to make sure that RWY06L was checked. 

The arrival route is SHENU DCT AMAKR BDEGA3 KSFO.  In DEP/ARR I selected BDGA3A/AMAKR and RWY28L/EDDYY.  There was no holding at the end. 

I just reentered EDDYY and this time the holding pattern was displayed and the ghost disappeared.  The ghost is a regular appearance on this routing.  The next time I fly this route I will pay special attention to the arrival hold.

Slightly off topic, any chance of getting the -8?  :)

Bode
Grace and Peace,

Bode

G-CIVA

Quote from: Bluestar on Wed, 24 Aug 2022 22:13
Slightly off topic, any chance of getting the -8?  :)

We can only dream  ;)
Steve Bell
aka The CC