News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Correct size LCDs to be installed on the MIP

Started by samer747, Tue, 2 Nov 2021 08:31

samer747

Hello Captains,

I need to purchase LCDs to use for the capt and f/o NDs, PFDs and EICAC upper and lower, I'm building the CDU bay and the MIP frame which will holds the actual aircraft source selectors, gear panel, standby instruments, prox panel, brake gauge panel..... exactly like the actual flight deck. What size LCDs that I can use and fit correctly onto the MIP and CDU bay? It looks like it will be a close fit means I can not use bigger size LCDs.

Some of you had build hybrid sims combining actual aircraft parts and off market parts, let me know please if you have a link to a specific LCDs I can use.

Thanks
Sam

Simrider

Hi,

the original CRT's have the following approximate dimensions:
Width=8 1/4" , app. 20.96 cm         
Height=8 1/2" , app 21.59 cm   

If you build a custom made MIP you would most likely have to revert to source
a display which covers both screens in width. Square sized LCD in that dimension will be extremely difficult to source nor will the OEM screens work with HDMI/VGA signals.

Cheers
Carsten

Will

Sorry for the brief hijack, but this is a related question: If you were to stretch a tape measure from the tip of the captain's eyes to the exact middle of the ND, what distance would it be?

Thanks.
Will /Chicago /USA

samer747

Quote from: Simrider on Tue,  2 Nov 2021 17:26
Hi,

the original CRT's have the following approximate dimensions:
Width=8 1/4" , app. 20.96 cm         
Height=8 1/2" , app 21.59 cm   

If you build a custom made MIP you would most likely have to revert to source
a display which covers both screens in width. Square sized LCD in that dimension will be extremely difficult to source nor will the OEM screens work with HDMI/VGA signals.

Cheers
Carsten

I have been looking for suitable LCD that I can use without being a little smaller or little larger, I was hoping that one of you guys who went through building the a sim might provide me with what LCD I can use or where to get one, I trying to avoid uttering the actual flight parts.

Regards

samer747

My other question if I couldn't find the right LCDs: Can I use the FDS MIP & CDU frame? Is it possible to install the actual MIP parts on it and use the LCDs that they provide to that frame?

Any inputs from you guys who had been through this will differently make it happen for me.

Regards