News:

Precision Simulator update 10.175 (29 May 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSXseecon version 3.23 released

Started by kiek, Mon, 19 Jul 2021 18:02

b744erf

Quote from: kiek on Sun,  2 Jun 2024 18:14Ah I see. Thx Hardy.

@Jack, Yes they are in PSXseecon too.

Thank you Hardy and Nico
Yes. These are the inputs for the three CDU brightness pots. I did already interface them with my CDUs. But what I talked is actually the CDU scree function from PSXseecon. Here is the section I copied from the manual:

//
3.19 CDU screen
The main window of PSXseecon can be changed dynamically into a CDU screen window. To do this add one of these lines to PSXseecon.cfg:
CDU_L=1 CDU_C=1 CDU_R=1
//

This function is wonderful! And save a lot GPU. But the brightness of the letters from Seecon cdu window seems to be fixed. I am actually looking for a way to adjust the secon CDU brightness, not the CDU screen from the original PSX. Haha. Don't know if it is included with the current version. If it dose, how to set it up?

Regards
Jack

kiek

Quote from: b744erf on Mon,  3 Jun 2024 19:04I am actually looking for a way to adjust the secon CDU brightness, not the CDU screen from the original PSX. Haha. Don't know if it is included with the current version. If it dose, how to set it up?
You don't need a PSX /PSXseecon variable for that. This is a local issue, you must use the adjustment possibilities of the screen you use to show the CDU window on

b744erf

Yes. Sure we could. But it is difficult to control the real screen brightness by PSX. And I believed no sim builder did that for now. Haha. So I am actually looking for a way to make the Seecon CDU Screen works as the psx, to simulate the cdu display brightness by changing the darkness and thickness of the letters. :p

kiek

Quote from: b744erf on Tue,  4 Jun 2024 02:40... to simulate the cdu display brightness by changing the darkness and thickness of the letters.
Very difficult, I guess. PSXseecon comes with two font set's with the exact font of the 744. You can set the font size, etc with configuration parameters, but not dynamically.

b744erf

I am very satisfied with the current screen display version. Thank you very much.

For now, I am focusing on my main plan, finishing the standby instrument module:
1. An OEM ARINC 429-based altimeter indicator from a 767, which is much easier than replacing a pneumatic standby one.
2. Rebuilding the IAS indicator. I have already finished the hardware replacement and will wait for the software updates to rewrite the script.
3. Designing a replica standby attitude indicator, which is currently being aluminum 3D printed. It will be finished this weekend. I will upload some pictures to share.

Thank you, Nico and Hardy, for the quick and wonderful updates. I am always happy with the friendly PSX forum.

Regards,
Jack

kiek

Quote from: b744erf on Wed,  5 Jun 2024 02:28I have already finished the hardware replacement and will wait for the software updates to rewrite the script.
Hello Jack,
The necessary updates are available in PSXseecon version 3.39.

You can always buy me a coffee via the donation button at my web site ;-)

Have fun,
Nico

b744erf

Thank you Nico !
No problem! A good coffee is coming. I will tested it soon at weekend. 🤘🤘🤘

I sent the upper reply a few days ago. But it was fail to sent until now. 🤣 Appreciate your help.

Regards
Jack

kiek

Quote from: b744erf on Sun, 16 Jun 2024 04:16Thank you Nico !
A good coffee is coming. 🤘🤘🤘
Yes I've got it. Much appreciated.

b744erf

Good morning Hardy.
Sorry to keep asking questions here just don't want to open a new topic post. I now start to interface my DIY standby attitude indicator. But it seems not able to find the Q code for the gyro flag. Did I miss anything? Or I should just interface the flag by the electrical power status of the gyro? If so, which Q code? Of course, I could that the logic of the flag disappearing is not that easy, it seems that also related to the running status of the gyro motor, which means that the flag will only move up if the motor is turning in a workable speed. Am I right?

So which way you suggest me to interface the flag?

Thank you

Oh. By the way. Here is some pics and videos showing my fully diy standby gyro (designed with solidworks then aluminum 3-D printing. The biggest job is to paint the indicator ball...)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/7qkyivvigjwd0waz320zc/AIzsdugyb4CNwTFVAMWJeTo?rlkey=lwjqm3g0kgihj3blgrga8xmy4&dl=0

Regards
Jack

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

When you say "3D printing alumin(i)um", is this real metallic alumin(i)um in powder form with some glue-like substance mixed in, or actually plastic (polymer) that is then just painted to look (good) like Al? I know 3D printing metals is feasible but I don't know how far outside the jet engine labs of GE/RR and the likes it has trickled down yet.

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Jack,

you may use Qs321:

Qs321="MechAtt"; Mode=ECON; Min=7; Max=20;

The string may look like this:

1;0;0;18000000

The last value is the gyro RPM x 1000 (milliRPM, so to speak).

When the value is lower than 18000000, set the failure flag.

This trick includes electrical failures because when power is lost the RPM will drop as well.

Regards,

|-|ardy

b744erf

Thank you Hardy! Good idea. Unfortunately, PSX Seecon dose not include Qs321. I may have to find another way to interface it. But this is a good start.

Hello Hoppie. It is actually made with real metal aluminum 3D printing but not resin 3D printing. And yes the clear "glass" dose make with acrylic by laser cutting. It is not expensive to do that here. And the main reason is I can't find a OEM one. So I can only diy. Haha

b744erf

Quote from: b744erf on Mon, 24 Jun 2024 10:48Unfortunately, PSX Seecon dose not include Qs321.

I am so so sorry. I just read the release note of the 3.39 version. Actually Nico already added it into the PSXSeecon. !!! So Nice. Sorry Man!!! And thank you Nico and Hardy.

b744erf

And , Nico and any SIOC user
How could I setup the update rate of PSX? Now the speed and gyro move at 1hz rate. I heard that the Seecon update rate at 5hz. Are there  any wrong setup I made to SIOC software or any PSX Seecon?

Regards
Jack