News:

Precision Simulator update 10.175 (29 May 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Posky 747-400 models for MSFS, PSX and WidePSX

Started by funkyhut, Sun, 1 Nov 2020 09:06

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Ivo de Colfmaker on Tue,  5 Jan 2021 16:01
Or is there an other way to do this ? With the client USB box off?

Yes.

On the client PSX, go to Preferences > Basics
and select the checkbox "This client gets layout selection commands".
(The checkbox is in the lower left corner.)

When selected, this client gets layout selection commands through the main network from the PSX server, and doesn't need its own USB commands anymore.

E.g. when the server selects layout #5 in the server's 9-pack, the client will autoselect #5 in the client's 9-pack.

|-|ardy

Ivo de Colfmaker

Thank you very much, I missed that one
It works great
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

Ivo de Colfmaker

hi,
I found the settings from Steve Hose to fix the PSX view great, but for me the view was a bit high.
so took the values from [CAMERADEFINITION.1] Title= ClosePilot from the Posky744_BAW1 Camera.cfg and copied and changed the values to
[ CAMERADEFINITION.12]Title= Instruments01

InitialZoom =0.35
InitialXyz = 0.13, 0.93, 4.85
InitialPbh = -8, 0, 0

the MIP view is lower and the overhead more visible
it is all to your  personal liking ofcourse .
ivo

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi
made a little PDF how I made my custom view to link PSX and MFS2020
It shows the difference between custom and fixed views, and how to create them.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/chspnvzejmi590g/view%20link.pdf?dl=0

there is also a link to a you tube clip to see it action
ivo

Ps' there is a typo in the pdf, will fix it tommorow
It should be

the InitialXyz is e.g. -15 ,1.0 ,3.0 meaning that the position of X is 15 meters to the left of center

Steve Hose

Hey Ivo,

Great tutorial and I like the view you have set up too!

Thanks for taking the time to share with the community.

Cheers, Steve.

beat578

Ivo Thanks a lot. I am not that used in MSFS yet, so you tutorial was very very helpful!

Ivo de Colfmaker

Thanks for your kind words,
Although the PSX layout with 3 copies running is my favourite, I want to do some more  testing to see what impact it has on cpu and memory use.
It runs on 1 pc,
Specs are .
I7 8700K, at 4.8 Ghz ,32 gig ram 3200, and GTX1080 TI.
Maybe I have to make a trade off with 2 copies and a little less precise positioning .
As a side note, it is wonderful how many people here put so many time and effort in to making this perfect simulator even more perfect.
Ivo

funkyhut

Hi Ivo,
I've been at this now since before posting the Posky models here and I must say I'm still very much undecided. It always seems to be a toss up between a realistic view out of the window looking forward having it as real as possible or having it along the bottom and having a half MSFS above so that you can see the exterior shots.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGU_0LT7TNDh6juxF_SI9FQ
In my Possibilities are endless video I've tried experimenting with a double click technique. Having the MSFS control on an Xbox controller and then changing the MSFS and PSX views simultaneously to go inside and outside but it takes a lot of coordination to get it right and detracts somewhat from flying the airplane.
I've also been trying raw PSX as in Out-of-the-Box and cutting to the MSFS view at 500ft. That provides in a way, outside when it's interesting and inside when it's flying.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDvEBZtdkyzyUSYsQFy3Dvw
But now that I've seen HowitWorks, I think that is a great use of both PSX and MSFS.
But as you say, it's an individual choice and for now I'm still experimenting.
It's been 31 years since I sat in the Cathay Pacific 400 simulator at Kai Tak so have zero recollection what the real world view is but one guide I find helpful is to pan right to the second seat and see where my head position is in relation to that.
Many thanks for sharing your process in so much detail. The eyepoint graphic is especially useful.
Take care and Be Safe.
Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi,
I added some more content on how I have setup my views, hope it is of some use
https://www.dropbox.com/s/chspnvzejmi590g/view%20link.pdf?dl=0
ivo

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi Chris.
i know what you mean, therefor I have only 2 views setup in combination with FS, the main one and the outside view with just PFD and MAP.
No need to grab the controller and all the important things are done in PSX layout alone, the FS windows is background then.

i am using PS1 since version 1.0:🤓
On a IBM DX2  66 , in DOS with at that time the one and only real soundblaster 16,
How far have we come!
Ivo

andrej

Hello Chris,

would it be possible to have one request? Would it be possible to convert Singapore Airlines Cargo? It is the last engine option missing for the -400F family. :)

Thank you for consideration.

Best!
Andrej

GodAtum

Some images of MSFS in triple 4K. lightly streched to the sides but not too noticable. Running at 20fps in dense airports, up to 35fps in cruise.

beat578

The Models and the possibilities are amazing. I am still undecided what view to use, becaus I love inside and outisde views and i can not decide with inside view I like most... Looks like i need an Xbox Controller to change the views in MSFS so i can program at least 2 different inside and one outside view.

Something completely different: How do I connect the jetways? Do I have to use the MSFS ATC to call catering and boarding as I would if I would only use MSFS? Or does Pushback Express from FS2CREW also work so I could call Jetway and stuff from there? (But i guess it does not recognise the POSKY Model as Airplane, so the options are not available, I think i tried that once).

Still hours and hours ahead of fiddling and testing. But almost as fun as flying itself...

Regards
Beat LSZH

metalmike

Not sure if anyone else has had performance issues using WidePSX + MSFS? I run everything on one PC, though it is a pretty decent PC (9900k, RTX 2070, 16gb ram). FPS within PSX will sometimes dip down to the 20s. When I use it with XP it always stays at 72+. Maybe my MFS settings are the bottleneck, not sure.

JohnH

Quote from: beat578 on Fri,  5 Feb 2021 07:32
The Models and the possibilities are amazing. I am still undecided what view to use, becaus I love inside and outisde views and i can not decide with inside view I like most... Looks like i need an Xbox Controller to change the views in MSFS so i can program at least 2 different inside and one outside view.

Something completely different: How do I connect the jetways? Do I have to use the MSFS ATC to call catering and boarding as I would if I would only use MSFS? Or does Pushback Express from FS2CREW also work so I could call Jetway and stuff from there? (But i guess it does not recognise the POSKY Model as Airplane, so the options are not available, I think i tried that once).

Still hours and hours ahead of fiddling and testing. But almost as fun as flying itself...

Regards
Beat LSZH

With FS2020 I use program called Push Back Helper, it doesn't require the FS2020 ATC and will connect the jetways!

https://flightsim.to/file/853/pushback-helper-v2-0

John

beat578

Thanks John
I have the pay Version from FS2CREW, its great but it does not recognize the Posky. But Pushback helper helped me out. Thanks for pointing me to that one. Now I only have to find out, why the Jetway does go 10 Meters in front of my plane instead heading to the door... :)

funkyhut

Greetings All,
Since the recent MSFS update (UK version) it would appear that the Posky 747-400 models no longer work properly. It seems that they cause a totally unacceptable stutter and I have no idea where to start to try to resolve the issue. The stock standard 747-8i seems to work fine.
Sorry folks but as we have all learned to accept, nothing is predictable or stable with MSFS 2020. I read on the MSFS forum that there is some kind of flap issue with the latest update which MS are planning to fix "asap". Maybe that's the cause of the stutter?
Thank You.
Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.

Petri

Hello Chris,

I confirm your post-update experience, I see it too. MSFS is now very stuttery if Posky 744 model is used. 

Regards,

Petri

GodAtum

Oh I thought it was just me ... my FPS bombed by 15fps with loads of stutters. Just thought it was the UK update.

chanc