News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Worldflight 2017

Started by Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers, Sat, 4 Nov 2017 12:57

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Thread root for the usual suspects.

World Flight 2017 will start today at 22:00Z and take a bunch of madmen and their incredible flying machines around the world on an epic 24/7 endurance test.

Feel free to add replies or edit this post to update status, links, whatever.

https://www.worldflight.com.au/

Hoppie

Berndo

It would be awesome if the SimfestUK crew could post the IP for our PSX connections. Loved that feature last time.

Thanks!

Gary Oliver

Just setting that up now...

Toga

Berndo

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Sat,  4 Nov 2017 15:27
Just setting that up now...

Very nice! :thumbs up:

@Toga
You can connect your PSX client to SimfestUK's PSX server (probably a Router) in read only mode. I.E. you get their complete sim state but can't turn their engines off.

Toga

So do i just put their IP in the Preferences > main network > localhost (here) ?

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Yes -- but wait until they publish it.

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Just a few hours . . .

Phil Bunch

Is there a significant risk of too many PSX enthusiasts hooking up to a flight or flight segment and overloading a server or some other critical flight sim resource? 

I don't have a clue as to how many might try to connect to this or other flight segments and I also don't have a clue as to how much resource stress might be created.

Basically, I would also like to hook up but I don't want to interfere with their flight(s)!
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

In theory the Router/Switch intermediate buffering system should prevent exactly this. Whether this works in practice needs to be experimentally verified  :-D

Hoppie

Mark

Server:

There is no risk of overloading any sim-critical resources.

Steve - Browny

https://www.worldflight.com.au/live/

Little PSX add on I made to spit the data to a webpage

Berndo

Connected, working fine!

Thanks again.

Toga

What a fantastic feature! Kudos Hardy!

DougSnow

I'll be joining on UAL1120, a Williamsburg VA-based B737-800...

Phil Bunch

I successfully joined at 52.31.234.104

Thanks for making the flight(s) accessible through PSX!
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

Jeroen D

I just tried this, but I get a completely fronzen cockpit, at 39.000 feet engines at idle.

Any thoughts?

Jeroen

kwieser76

great - i realy love this feature :-)
Product Owner Lido/Flight ASC
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

Phil Bunch

Quote from: Jeroen D on Sun,  5 Nov 2017 20:08
I just tried this, but I get a completely fronzen cockpit, at 39.000 feet engines at idle.

Any thoughts?

Jeroen

Same for me - I posted success too quickly in my previous post.

I tried all sorts of things to make sure my client PSX was set up correctly and can't find anything wrong.

If I restart PSX, having first set the IP address, and after connecting as a Client, the aircraft seems to go through all sorts of strange malfunctions but the altitude never changes.  The other segments of the instrument panel seemed to change but I couldn't make sense out of the flight's "progress".

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions of how to connect to the flight with a more reasonable/normal result.
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

cavaricooper

I've been able to connect a few times... however, my client consistently shows EGT exceedences (each session, so a ham handed pilot ought not to be the variable ;) ).... other than that, I am able to view.... wishing ALL teams much success in this worthwhile endeavor...

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA