News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Visual744 interface

Started by Richard McDonald Woods, Wed, 18 Aug 2010 17:04

Richard McDonald Woods

Hi H!
Will the new Visual744 (or whatever will be its name) interface using TCP/IP so that we can chose which PC to run it on?
Cheers, Richard :)
Cheers, Richard

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Ha! There is no way to avoid TCP/IP if you want to interface with PSX. PSX itself is 100% TCP/IP-based. No more need for .DLL or VIDSERV or any other hacking.

Jeroen

Hardy Heinlin

Hi R,

Garry didn't say "no" :-)

|-|

Garry Richards

VisualPSX for FSX replaces VisualPS1 and uses TCP/IP to communicate with PSX (or the router) so you can run it on a separate computer.
Garry

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Just now I realise that Richard may have meant the pipe between the interface and FSX -- not between the interface and PSX. Garry: if I remember well, you aim for the SimConnect connection into FSX, not for FSUIPC, right? That would mean that the VisualSX ( :mrgreen: ) interface does TCP/IP both ways.

Jeroen

Richard McDonald Woods

Jeroen,
You are right to identify both interfaces. I was asking to ensure that I can run VisualPSX on a separate PC, but it is just as important to know that VisualPSX will be able to run on the PSX PC and have FSX separated.

It's great if Garry can use the SimConnect facilities, although I don't know how dependable are the parts that he will require.

Cheers, Richard ;)
Cheers, Richard

Garry Richards

Quote from: mcdonarIt's great if Garry can use the SimConnect facilities, although I don't know how dependable are the parts that he will require.
Perhaps a report on the state of play with my apps for PSX would be a help to everyone as we prepare for the (not yet imminent) launch of PSX.

Over the past few years I have not had much time to work on software development and it was only recently that I released an almost complete alpha version of VisualPS1 for FSX for closed testing. It uses the Simconnect interface (requiring TCP/IP) and has been flying for much longer. Along the way I found and fixed several bugs that existed in VisualPS1 for FS9 (v1.12). VisualPS1 for FSX works smoothly and can be run from any machine. It also uses the FSUIPC interface, but only for Squawkbox v4.

I have now stopped development of VisualPS1 for FSX and am using the code as the basis for VisualPSX for FSX. I do not intend to produce a VisualPSX for FS9.

I am also working on a revised runway offset approach (pun not intended) for FSX-PSX. This is required because of the way in which PSX provides airport/runway data.

MotionPS1 will also transform into MotionPSX to allow PSX to drive Matt's motion platform.

A new, as yet unnamed, app is also underway to link the Aerosoft EFIS (Capt & FO), MCP and EICAS hardware to PSX via USB.

Connecting applications directly to PSX or indirectly through Hoppie's router is easy and efficient and will result in smoother communications with PSX than have been possible with PS1. Those years of hacking that various developers put into PS1 are no longer necessary as Hardy is doing a fantastic job in making all necessary variables accessible through a high speed interface.

PSX is going to delight you, whether you use it out of the box on a single PC or whether you interface it to scenery generators and large, full motion sims - or anything in between. So start preparing!
Garry

OKD

Garry

Great report and pleased to note that your are trying to link Aerosoft with the upcoming PS X.

Like the hint of your last sentence, "so start preparing!"...I am saving my money
OK....I am ok, if you are ok...!!

John Golin

Great news Garry... and my name suggestion is ActionPSX :)
John Golin.
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

H'bout NailIt™?

:mrgreen:

Walter Kranl

Hi,

Will be a special software needed to run X-Plane (10) with PSX? All programs could be run on a Mac (or more Mac's).

Walter

Cedric Groux

QuoteWill be a special software needed to run X-Plane (10) with PSX?

I don't know if someone else has worked on the subject, but I have developped a X-Plane 9.xx plugin to connect to PS13 broker (a kind of VisualPS1 for X-Plane). It's still too buggy to release it, but for sure I plan to port and make it clean for PSX. At least, it proves the concept feasible. I run X-Plane under Ubuntu, but as far as I understand, a X-Plane plugin just requires a compilation under Mac to be ported.

Cedric

cavaricooper

As an owner of the entire glareshield complement (Mel's very own) I'd appreciate the interface greatly!  Please advise if I can assist in any way....(I'd love to get it working w/PS1 as well, but for now but seem to have reached a stumbling block w/ port assignments under USB)

Carl
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Pierre Theillere

Hi guys!

Wow, Garry, amazing news: my Aerosoft MCP is now unplugged, as I gave away my "good old" P3-800 that was driving the core of the sim. But... it's fully ready for testing your software via USB if you need so!
For CĂ©dric: I'm also a user of X-Plane (9.61 b1) and Ubuntu (10.10 alpha)... Your plugin could enable a full flight deck without using Micro$oft's Operating System at all, once PSx is released!
Hey, Hardy: welcome back from vacation!
Pierre, LFPG

Cedric Groux

Pierre, happy to know there will be someone to test that X-Plane plugin for Ubuntu :-) I will keep you updated.

Garry Richards

Quote from: Pierre TheillereWow, Garry, amazing news: my Aerosoft MCP is now unplugged, as I gave away my "good old" P3-800 that was driving the core of the sim. But... it's fully ready for testing your software via USB if you need so!
Thanks Pierre. I'll take you up on that offer when the time comes!
Garry

seeb

Excuse me, but very much I was absorbed and I think that I overlooked something (maybe I don't udestand). He is VisualPS1 for FSX ?