News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX not starting (Windows 10)

Started by Zapp, Tue, 2 Aug 2016 23:51

Zapp

Hi all, I just finished to build my new PC, a 6700K with a nice gtx 980 Ti Strix and an M.2 drive. Everything is quite cool, except the fact that PSX does not want to start. I double click AerowinxStart.jar and nothing happens. I installed Java ver. 8.101 and restarted my PC after installing it.

Thank'you for your help

Andrea

Will

You're not accidentally clicking Aerowinx.jar?
Will /Chicago /USA

Zapp

Yes that's what I did the first time, then the yellow box reminded that I had to click the other one ...

Btw, being that a jar file, the yellow window showing up means that Java is indeed installed and working, right?

Too bad it's not starting the real thing tho ....

Tnx

Andrea

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Andrea,

are there any hints in Aerowinx/Logs/errors.txt?

Is your Aerowinx installation intact on your new computer?

Yes, Java is installed obviously.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Zapp

Hi Hardy, tnx for helping. This is the content of the errors log

[Aerowinx Precision Simulator - Exceptions]

Nothing. But I can confirm that Java is actually running: I can see it in Task Manager (18.4 MB is the memory it is using); also, when I launch my Net configuration, which needs two instances of PSX, I spot two instances of Java running. Looks like there is something else going on ...

Tnx

Andrea

Zapp

Oh well .... I tried manually:

java Q:\SSDXoldPC\Aerowinx\AerowinxStart.jar

and I got

Error: Could not find or load main class Q:\SSDXoldPC\Aerowinx\AerowinxStart.jar

So I guess tomorrow morning (2.30 AM here) I'll try and reinstall PSX from scratch: there must be something the matter with class registration and that stuff. What do you think?

Andrea

Zapp

I actually tried

java -jar Q:\SSDXoldPC\Aerowinx\AerowinxStart.jar

which does nothing at all (not even launching a java process)

We'll see tomorrow, I'll try a reinstall.

Andrea

Ronny

Hi Andrea,

I had the same problem and thanks to a few guys on the forum it got fixed with a program called jarfix.

See http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=2028.msg33985#msg33985

Hope this will help.

Cheers,
Ronny

Zapp

Thank'you, a reinstall from DVD fixed it. Must have been something that needed to register on this system, I'm not sure tbh.

Bye

Andrea