News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Which hardware cdu with PSX do you use?

Started by EHAM747, Tue, 12 Apr 2016 18:17

EHAM747

Hi all,

I am considering buying a cdu for use with PSX.
So here is my question: which hardware cdu do you use with PSX?

Greetings,
Alex

EHAM747

Ok, so no replies?
I have devider to go for a 747 CDU from Flightdecksolutions.

Greetings,
Alex

//thread may be deleted//

GodAtum

Hi Alex,

I use a FDS CDU, it is excellent. Very well built.

Roddez

Simulator Solutions are about to release for sale a limited number of genuine Honeywell MCDUs, converted for use with PSX.  These units have been recovered from scrapped 747-400's and are amazing to use.

Each converted MCDU will feature new 5.6" LCD display and SimStack Internals to control the backlighting and annunciator lights.  Each unit have an ethernet connection, a VGA connection for the screen and a PC style 4 pin Molex power connector.

These units will be available in the next couple of weeks and more information will be published on our website tomorrow.

These are genuine units (some complete with As Removed cards) and will retail for US$1,800 plus shipping.

Cheers,

Rod.
Rodney Redwin
YSSY
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

asboyd

Hi Alex,
I use the opencockpits CDU units and have modified them for backlighting and LEDs. They use PSXseecon and run  from a single laptop with 3 video to Composite adapters. PSXseecon can be configured to show one CDU screen on each unit and with simple programming each unit can be assigned as Left, right or Centre units.

They are not like the honeywell units but quite good if you are not going for ultimate realism.... :)

cheers,
Alex B
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

the mad hatter

Hi Alex, I use the original x3 honeywell units with the CRTs...I have to agree with the Aussie boys.. the touch and feel of the original far supersedes that of any reproduced item.   

asboyd

Unfortunately for those of us with less than minimal income we must make do with what we can...
Most of the panels and displays I am now building myself based on the great graphics in PSX. That way my sim can look just like the software version... :) ;)

Cheers,
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia