News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Thrust changes affecting pitch angle

Started by ahaka, Wed, 18 Mar 2015 06:55

ahaka

Hi all,

I recently came back to PSX after a little break. I updated to 10.0.3 and I observed that changing the thrust setting now affects the pitch attitude more than in the original version?

This was especially clear during the landing, when reducing the thrust to idle, I had trouble flaring as the nose was pushed down quite hard, and my landings came out a bit heavy-ish. :)

So I'd like to check here if this really is the real behavior of a 744, or did I mess up something? I have checked my joysticks and installing the update was not rocket science, so I can't think of anything that went wrong with it.
Antti

Hardy Heinlin

Hi,

yes, I increased the effect because it was requested by real 744 pilots. Now it's more realistic.

You'll get used to it after some training rounds, and then you'll be able to anticipate the increased moment and simultaneously compensate it with the elevator.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

ahaka

Roger that.

It sure takes a little time to get used to, it feels very different now from the previous version. Thanks for the continued improvements to this simulation!
Antti