News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Main panel on 2 monitors

Started by Walter Kranl, Wed, 13 Aug 2014 10:04

Walter Kranl

Hi,

Is it possible to display the whole main panel (incl. MCP) in original size on 2 monitors?
The problem is that many monitors are wide (e.g. LG 34" UltraWide = 794 x 340 mm display area) but not high enough.
Are such monitors available?
I would prefer 2 displays rather than 3.

Walter

jlpilot

Hi Walter,

I've been planning and planning for what type of monitor/TV set up I'm going to use. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong but the dimensions I've come up with so far is, the width of the 747 Cockpit is approximately 164CM, 64.5" (Not including side consoles).

To get full scale you'd probably need to use 2 36" TVs if you can still find them. Two 32" TVs would give you an approximate width of 144 CM, 20CM short of scale.

On the other hand, two 40" TVs would give you width of 188CM (74"), larger than the 164CM but you could of course scale it down.

Personally, I don't like the idea of two monitors/TVs as you'd have a frame right in the middle of the flight deck.

I'm still working out how to display the flight deck cleanly over three monitors or TVs without splitting the MCP or EFIS screens. Once my copy arrives I'll experiment a bit before buying any screens

Here's the concept I'm working on using 3 32" TV's to give me a full size flight deck.

Kind regards,

Jermaine...
Regards,

Jermaine.

martin

PSX 744 overshot runway at VHHH, by the looks of it  :D

Cheers,
Martin

Walter Kranl

Thank you Jermain,

Let me know your results, when the time has come.

Walter

BW901

Very quick Martin! Or maybe it'll be simulation of the cockpit of F-GITA at Papeete?

I'm considering using large screen TV for the outside view, but hadn't thought of it for the panels. Interested to see how things work out.

Jon