News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Unread posts shown as read

Started by Richard McDonald Woods, Tue, 7 May 2013 09:58

Richard McDonald Woods

Hi H,
In the last week or two, your forums are showing all items as read, even though I haven't read them. Have you changed something to cause this? I can't think of anything that I could have done to cause this.
Regards, Richard
Cheers, Richard

Richard McDonald Woods

Once I had submitted the above and returned to the main page of this site, the unread items showed correctly as unread.
On restarting my browser (Firefox 20.0.1 on Win 7) all items again showed as unread. But on moving back to the main screen, they showed correctly many unread items.
Strange!
Cheers, R
Cheers, Richard

Shiv Mathur

The only occasions I've noticed this is when I have re-started my computer and am not automatically logged in to the forum.
I suppose this is not the reason in your case, otherwise I'm sure you would have noticed it.

Hardy Heinlin

Hi,

I haven't changed anything. You could try deleting all aerowinx.com cookies.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

No issues over here either.

Jeroen D

Funny you should mention.
This read/unread for some reason never worked for me. Sometimes it shows unread, sometimes it doesn't. Never been able to figure out a pattern. Completely random.

I use both Windows as well as Mac based computers (explore/safari) to access the forum.

Jeroen

Garry Richards

I've been caught out by having private browsing turned on. Everything looks normal but my login cookie is not being read so I am not logged in. Therefore there can be no unread items.

The same happens if I delete all cookies. I then have to log in manually to create a new cookie.
Garry

Richard McDonald Woods

Hi Garry,
No private browsing set for Firefox. The remaining sites that I visit are showing unread posts correctly, so I thought it is specific to this forum.
Still, ho-hum, tiddly-hum!
Cheers, R
Cheers, Richard

Phil Bunch

Quote from: Jeroen DFunny you should mention.
This read/unread for some reason never worked for me. Sometimes it shows unread, sometimes it doesn't. Never been able to figure out a pattern. Completely random.

I use both Windows as well as Mac based computers (explore/safari) to access the forum.

Jeroen

Same for me except that:  I only see the correct read vs unread icons one time, the first time I view the main forum page.  It has always been this way, but doesn't bother me since I just make a mental note of which threads have new content and read them at one sitting.

I have many "no tracking" and anti-adware add-ons for my Firefox browser and I assume that these add-ons break features on some web pages.  I don't routinely use private browsing, though.
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch