News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

How Stupid was this ?

Started by Peter Lang, Sat, 1 Aug 2009 20:33

Peter Lang

In the old forum there was a thread with this topic, concerning the Air Force One "stunt" over New York.

Today the German spiegel online said that the US governement released the pictures.

http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fotostrecke-44924.html#backToArticle=639820

Peter

PS: would it be possible to set the links to a new browser window as a standard?

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

My browser has that option; maybe yours has that, too? Current philosophy among web designers is that only you can decide what you want to do with a link.

Peter Lang

Hi Jeroen,

I use the IE6. The option to open links in the same browser window is unchecked.  In the old forum the browser opens a new window automatically. Here in the new forum not.  Thats why I asked.

Is there anything else to check or do I have to live with it?

Peter

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Check whether you have automatic updates on... Mickeysoft has been trying to upgrade your IE6 for five years  :mrgreen:

Peter Lang

The field in the IE options was marked to allow this. Perhaps I slapped the updater to often on the fingers  :D

Peter

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Peter,

if you would use Opera (freeware), you could open a link in a new tab with a simple mouse gesture:

- Right-click and drag down: Link opens in new tab in the foreground.

- Right-click and drag down and up: Link opens in new tab in the background.

It's fantastic. No menu, nothing. Just a mouse gesture. Feet and left hand are still free for rudder pedals and beer can.

Good night,

|-|ardy

martin

IEeeeek!

Just for completeness:
Firefox: click link with middle button to open in new tab. Or right-click and select opening in new window or new tab from context menu,.

Cheers,
Martin

Peter Lang

Hi Hardy,

with a right click on the link it is also possible to open it in a new browser window with IE.

But nevertheless I'm just downloading Opera and see what it does :-)

Thanks
Peter