News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Problem with GoFlight Bridge

Started by Sune Gustafsson, Thu, 26 Jan 2012 17:31

Sune Gustafsson

I have been busy re-assembling my home 744 cockpit and finally managed to get all the screens and OpenCockpit CDUs working. For now I rely on GoFlight hardware for Throttles and switches as well as radios and transponder.

The GF hardware is managed by Jeroen´s GoFlight Bridge and all (TQ6, P8, T8) but the radios (GF166), and the transponder (GF46) works fine. I have entered the keys in the vmread.cfg file using the vmread wizard, but I simply can´t get the radios to work.

The GFB registers fine with Broker. In the Broker I can see some values appearing in the "From" field of the GFB entry when I for instance change the squawk, so I think the GFB is sending out something. But for some reason, nothing happens in PS1 (WinPS1 in my case, I´m using XP). I have tried the new version of GFB as well, but still the same....

Any ideas?

Best wishes,
Sune

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Hmmm radios, I don't know exactly what they control. It is pretty likely they only control the SB747 tuners, and not at all the PS1 radios.

Jeroen

Sune Gustafsson

Thanks Jeroen.

The reason I want the GF radio panels to work is that when I run the ATC simulation in PS1 I´m supposed to set squawk and frequencies as requested and it would be great to do it from external hardware.

Fiddling with the setup in Broker, I got a message in GFB saying "Connection to Proxy Master lost, data feed suspended". Not sure what that means, probably not relevant here.

Best wishes,
Sune

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

The radios WILL NOT work with PS1. They only work to drive SB747, not PS1 itself.

Sune Gustafsson

Ok, thanks, it´s clear now. Maybe in PSX?

Sune