News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PRESSURE Sensor module

Started by farrokh747, Sat, 24 Sep 2011 06:11

farrokh747

Hi -

does anyone know the function of the preassure sensor module in the flight deck? Located on the aft ceiling, next to the hatch... it seems to be linked to the flt deck door locking system and the chime module (sidewall above 2nd obs station) .... does cabin press influence the lock in some way?

thanks in advance!

fc

the mad hatter

no it does not effect the door nor is it linked to the door, what do you want to know about the chime module. its a presure sensor that effects the cabin pressure and goes off at 10k tells you one needs to decent and apply your  o2 mask

John H Watson

I hear it monitors the captain's blood pressure and opens the smoke evac hole if it gets too high :mrgreen:

But seriously, if it did have something to do with the cockpit door, I don't think people should be talking about it in a public forum ;)

Rgds
JHW

farrokh747

QuoteBut seriously, if it did have something to do with the cockpit door, I don't think people should be talking about it in a public forum

i agree - working on a simple solenoid latch for the door, controlled by the allow/deny sw in the pedestal - will make a direct connection - hopefully i wont lock myself in ...

John H Watson

3 hours????

Did they look under the doormat for the spare key? :mrgreen:

Michel Vandaele

If you see all this,  it prove how stupid all these feelings of "false security" are.
An armoured door and nearby a plastic/carton wall in the lavatories .....
Real terrorists don't need there info from the internet ;);)
B. Rgds
Michel
Michel VANDAELE
Board member  FSCB
EBOS Scenery Designteam
My B744 project
http://users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele/sim1.htm

John H Watson

QuoteAn armoured door and nearby a plastic/carton wall in the lavatories .....

Which they hacked through with their plastic cutlery?

Toilet walls are not as fragile as you think. Even if terrorists managed to put a hole in one of them, the pilots are not going to sit there and let them make a bigger hole. There are probably ample weapons on the flight deck, including fire axes, batons, and in some cases, firearms.