News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

CG Envelope Chart

Started by Will, Sat, 23 Mar 2024 02:53

Will

Somewhere on this forum is a post that includes a chart showing the CG envelope as a function of weight.

I've been searching for it and I can't find it. Does anyone recall where to find it?

Thanks.
Will /Chicago /USA

ASCTU744

Do you mean this one? It can be found in AMM 07-11.

Will

That'a similar, but not the one I'm talking about. The one I saw was for flight, and had a line that demarcated the regime where procedures for a low weight, aft-CG takeoff procedure needed to be followed. There was also a marking showing that the min CG for flight varied by weight. 
Will /Chicago /USA

ASCTU744

Something along the lines of this, it's from the AFM. There are a lot of CG graphs, I can send them to you via mail.

MRFarhadi

I'd say it's legally wiser to abstain from posting Boeing's copyrighted material.
Mohammadreza Farhadi
Ex-pilot, current aerospace student

ASCTU744

Quote from: MRFarhadi on Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:57I'd say it's legally wiser to abstain from posting Boeing's copyrighted material.
😅I learned that lesson, I posted or requested things on this forum that infringed copyrights (those posts where deleted accordingly). I meant more as in pictures, I could also post them here but there are a lot of CG charts in the AFM...

Will

That is the chart I was looking for. It's here elsewhere on the forum, but difficult to search for. I don't need anything else, thanks.
Will /Chicago /USA

ASCTU744

MRFarhadi

Quote from: ASCTU744 on Sat, 23 Mar 2024 17:04😅I learned that lesson, I posted or requested things on this forum that infringed copyrights (those posts where deleted accordingly). I meant more as in pictures, I could also post them here but there are a lot of CG charts in the AFM...
Surely. I was just making sure we're not getting anybody, remotely, into trouble. I understand getting hold of manuals and material is deeply frustrating in our hobby and luckily, B747-400 is not that notorious in such essence. In that occasions which referral to documents are in dire need, I usually try to reference online public files and pages that are already available through other websites; just to be safe.
Mohammadreza Farhadi
Ex-pilot, current aerospace student

asboyd

Copyright allows for a certain percentage to be shared so long as the whole document is not provided. For example 4 pages of a flight manual may be reproduced but 6 may not depending on number of pages in whole manual.
I learned about this when studying for my zoo keeper certificate as several younger students kept using whole chunks of docos as examples which they were told they could not do.

A couple of charts should be OK, so long as acknowledgement of origin/author is given.

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

ASCTU744

Quote from: MRFarhadi on Sat, 23 Mar 2024 18:24Surely. I was just making sure we're not getting anybody, remotely, into trouble. I understand getting hold of manuals and material is deeply frustrating in our hobby and luckily, B747-400 is not that notorious in such essence. In that occasions which referral to documents are in dire need, I usually try to reference online public files and pages that are already available through other websites; just to be safe.
Better safe then sorry! I appreciatie the heads up.👍

Quote from: asboyd on Sat, 23 Mar 2024 22:17Copyright allows for a certain percentage to be shared so long as the whole document is not provided. For example 4 pages of a flight manual may be reproduced but 6 may not depending on number of pages in whole manual.
I learned about this when studying for my zoo keeper certificate as several younger students kept using whole chunks of docos as examples which they were told they could not do.

A couple of charts should be OK, so long as acknowledgement of origin/author is given.

Cheers,
AlexB

Thank you!