News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

SPAM

Started by peb, Fri, 1 Mar 2024 08:46

peb

Am I the only one who has been receiving emails such as this occasionally over the past few weeks?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

To: my email address
Subject: New Topic: Alternatively tretinoin without a doctor helplessness: retin a starve, tretinoin

A new topic, 'Alternatively tretinoin without a doctor helplessness: retin a starve, tretinoin', has been made on a board you are watching.

You can see it at
https://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=7375.new#new

More topics may be posted, but you won't receive more email notifications for this board until you return to the board and read some of them.

Unsubscribe from new topics from this board by using this link:
https://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?action=notifyboard;board=1;sa=off;u=1490;token=9IXz6zHvSsmfxw

Regards,
The 744 Forum Team."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I bin them of course but just wondered!

Hardy Heinlin

There have been some spam threads in the past week that I removed within a few hours. If you get notifications from the forum about new thread subjects you will also see such nonsense subjects. The mail itself is not a hijacked mail; it just informs about the thread subject that has been posted on the forum, and it does that within a few seconds after posting, long before I get the chance to delete that thread.

I haven't received such mails as in my profile I have disabled the notifications about new threads.

Those spam threads that started recently and that I manually deleted are all from the same spam bot. Yesterday I figured out that it uses just two IPs and these are now banned. In the past 30 hours it tried to register an account several hundred times in 15 minute intervals.

I guess those spam bots can now answer anti-spam questions with the help of AI.

Regards,

|-|ardy

peb

Ah the beauty of the new world!  They are not a problem for me. I just wanted to make sure you were aware.  All the best Hardy