News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Hardware User Interafce

Started by MRFarhadi, Fri, 2 Feb 2024 04:06

MRFarhadi

Hey y'all,

Hope everyone's doing well.

With my recent transition from Windows PC to Apple Silicon, has come some annoyances that I've come to the community to ask for workarounds.

First, my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro doesn't work with Mac. Anybody has any solutions on how I can work around this?

Second, as with any Apple Silicon laptop, the keyboard is abbreviated into a smaller form factor, leaving the Numpad and some other miscellaneous keys not installed.
How can one easily navigate through layouts without a numpad?
And also, using 'K' and 'L' for the use of Rudder during take-off and landing is virtually impossible. The steering, if used below ~50 knots, gets stuck and doesn't revert back to the neutral while using 'Home', 'Delete', and "Page Down' keys.

Lastly, Using keyboard inputs to fly is just not working for me :/
If anybody has some experience on how I can improve the handling situation with keyboard, I can use some advice too :D

Cheers,
Mohammadreza Farhadi
Ex-pilot, current aerospace student

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Mohammadreza,

layouts can be selected with Control+Option+1, Control+Option+2, etc. (upper number keys).
F12 reloads all layouts.

Below 40 kt, the K and L keys control the tiller. Releasing the key will center the tiller slowly. Pushing the opposite key will center the tiller promptly.

Between 40 and 50 kt, the L and K keys are inactive.

Above 50 kt, the K and L keys control the rudder. Releasing the key will keep the rudder position. Pushing K and L will center the rudder promptly.

For takeoff you may also use the feature "Takeoff controlled by virtual pilot" on Instructor > Situation > Human > Pilot.

Why your Logitech Extreme 3D Pro doesn't work with your Mac: I don't know, unfortunately.

Regards,

|-|ardy

MRFarhadi

Seemingly, I had to restart PSX and connect the joystick again. Works like a charm right now.
BTW, can we have High-speed rudder trim also mappable to USB control options?
Mohammadreza Farhadi
Ex-pilot, current aerospace student