News:

Precision Simulator update 10.175 (29 May 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Doc Donaldson FMA review video is available!

Started by ASCTU744, Wed, 10 Jan 2024 15:26

andrej

Andrej

jtsjc1

Joe

Dirk Schepmann

Maybe I'm a bit "old-school" but I still think that drawing things on a whiteboard in combination with good explanation is a great way of teaching.

Unfortunately, Powerpoint presentations dominate lectures today. When I give lectures to students using Powerpoint, I usually see 100 students "heads down" starring at their iPads and other tablets because they are just looking at the handouts. But when I use the board, everyone is looking and concentrating on my lousy handwriting. *g*

Later, in the exams the students usually know the stuff which I presented at the board and fail with the Powerpoint stuff although they even had handouts available. But students still complain when I make my lectures with the board. LOL

Just my 2 cents,
Dirk

ASCTU744

Quote from: Dirk Schepmann on Thu, 11 Jan 2024 16:11Maybe I'm a bit "old-school" but I still think that drawing things on a whiteboard in combination with good explanation is a great way of teaching.

Unfortunately, Powerpoint presentations dominate lectures today. When I give lectures to students using Powerpoint, I usually see 100 students "heads down" starring at their iPads and other tablets because they are just looking at the handouts. But when I use the board, everyone is looking and concentrating on my lousy handwriting. *g*

Later, in the exams the students usually know the stuff which I presented at the board and fail with the Powerpoint stuff although they even had handouts available. But students still complain when I make my lectures with the board. LOL

Just my 2 cents,
Dirk

I think you're absolutely right, airlines should step away from CBT's and go back to the 'old style'.