News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

10.1.7 Installer DVD

Started by Captain_al, Fri, 29 Dec 2023 15:19

Captain_al

Hi Hardy:

I have a new PC with Windows 11. I installed Java 1.8 on it. I cannot get the Installer to install the DVD contents. Hope you have a Happy New Year and all the best in 2024...

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Al,

do you still have your old Aerowinx folder on your old computer? You can copy that old Aerowinx folder to an external disk or USB stick and then copy it from there to your new computer. Or just copy it through a network.

You can also copy the folder on the DVD directly to your new computer without using the install program.

Best wishes,

|-|ardy

Captain_al

You know I looked at old posts and I downloaded Jarfix and it is installing as we speak. I will let you know if I have any other issues. That is what I did initially is that I saved the Aerowinx folder in One Drive then put the folder on my new computer. I thought maybe that would not work and you could not do that. So then I had a MAC external CD Player that I configured to use with windows to load the DVD, since I do not have a disc player on this one. But it looks like it had trouble with the jar for reasons I know not. Thanks Hardy

Captain_al

Aerowinx installed just fine, now I will update the jar file to the current.

Captain_al

Aerowinx runs fine now. If I want all my stuff like my .situ files and my layouts, can I just go back to my old PC, put the folder on a stick and then install that folder. How would I do that?

Captain_al

Actually, I have the folder on a stick now...

Hardy Heinlin

I'd say just copy the Aerowinx folder from your stick to your new computer. So you'll have exactly the same PSX setup with NG FMC license, USB/audio/network setting preferences, situations, layouts etc. as before.

The latest PSX update is just a single file called Aerowinx.jar. That's the only new file you may add to your existing Aerowinx folder. By "add" I mean "overwrite" the old Aerowinx.jar.

Captain_al

Perfect, worked like a charm! Thanks Hardy and Happy New Year!