News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Instructor Screen

Started by Bluestar, Sun, 12 Nov 2023 02:28

Bluestar

I would like to move the Instructor Screen to either an Ipad or a second computer.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I am currently using the Ipad for my FMC. 

Thanks,
Grace and Peace,

Bode

Hardy Heinlin

PSX doesn't work on iPads. But you can copy PSX to another networked computer and then use its Instructor screen there. Additionally, you can show the CB panels there, so the person at that station can control the Instructor screen as well as pull CBs to add malfunctions.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Bluestar

I'm not a network expert, but I have PSX on two separate computers that are on the same network.  I have no clue where to start.  I looked at the manual and saw where it can be done, but can not get the two PSX programs to talk to each other.  Any help would be appreciated.   
Grace and Peace,

Bode

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Hardy Heinlin

Bode, can you be more specific? What exactly did you try? You don't have to be a network expert. You just need to note the address displayed on the Instructor screen and click some buttons. Have you checked page 77 in the Aerowinx manual?

cavaricooper

Quote from: Bluestar on Sun, 12 Nov 2023 16:22I'm not a network expert, but I have PSX on two separate computers that are on the same network.  I have no clue where to start.  I looked at the manual and saw where it can be done, but can not get the two PSX programs to talk to each other.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Bode- there are many better than I at this... however, for starters please look at the settings on the following pages-

PSX Server-

PSX- Client 1

As long as BOTH computers are on the same Home Network (sharing enabled, drag and drop files etc.) this is all that is needed.  Once you have one client working, you can add as many as needed.

HTH- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Bluestar

Carl,

I got it working with your example. 

As always thanks for the help.
Grace and Peace,

Bode

cavaricooper

Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Bluestar

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Sun, 12 Nov 2023 10:17PSX doesn't work on iPads. But you can copy PSX to another networked computer and then use its Instructor screen there. Additionally, you can show the CB panels there, so the person at that station can control the Instructor screen as well as pull CBs to add malfunctions.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Hardy,

How do I set up the client situation?  I've always started the Client with "Cold and Dark", but from time to time I get spurious failures in the Client that I do not get in the Host.  For example I get a pressurization warning in my headset related to what is happening on the Client, but there are no warnings on the Host. 
Grace and Peace,

Bode

cavaricooper

Do everything on the HOST in re. SITUs. The Client is secondary. The client just "syncs" with the Host. After a few seconds the Client should marry up with the Host no matter what you start with. You can always delete the startup SITU on the Client.
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Hardy Heinlin

In a stable network, PSX client and server are 100% synchronized all the time via TCP/IP. When a disagreement occurs, there's something wrong with the network.