News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM Version 10 - The Next Generation MSFS Scenery Link For PSX

Started by Gary Oliver, Fri, 4 Aug 2023 18:57

Gary Oliver

The autoupdate will only ever touch:-

-MSFS.Client.EXE and associated DLLs
-The wasm module which sits in the panels folder

Anything outside of that will be a new file to download from here.

Cheers
G

Hopkinsstevea

I have looked and looked but where do you find MSFS Community Folder? MSFSdoes did not make it easy.

B747-400

Hi,

it depends on how you purchased or installed it.

Microsoft Store/Xbox App:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

Steam:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community

Retail Disc:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\MSFSPackages\Community

Regards
Hans

Ton van Bochove

Gary &friends, an excellent job! Just finished an 11 hr flight RKSI-UBBB-ELLX without any problems. The only problem on my 2 computer setup is the zooming function in MSFS in case of a visual approach. It is hard to guess the right zoom factor because of lack of reference.
Ton

Hammerstan

Quote from: B747-400 on Wed,  9 Aug 2023 07:16it depends on how you purchased or installed it.

Or when installing MSFS, simply point the install to c:\MSFS, then its just c:\MSFS\Community

Bluestar

Quote from: Ton van Bochove on Wed,  9 Aug 2023 07:34Gary &friends, an excellent job! Just finished an 11 hr flight RKSI-UBBB-ELLX without any problems. The only problem on my 2 computer setup is the zooming function in MSFS in case of a visual approach. It is hard to guess the right zoom factor because of lack of reference.

I use max zoom on MSFS and 3X on P3d and match my PSX landing screen to the MSFS/P3d view. 
Grace and Peace,

Bode

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: Bluestar on Wed,  9 Aug 2023 15:55I use max zoom on MSFS and 3X on P3d and match my PSX landing screen to the MSFS/P3d view. 

Thanks Bode! Your match is that based on "feeling and view" or do you use any reference? I try to eye ball the distance AC to ED on the PFD and translate this into a zoom but that is often less than the maximum zoom. Difficult matters to me!
Ton

Will

Bode,

I like "max zoom" on MSFS but I'm having trouble getting it to stay put as a default. I followed one tutorial that had me edit the "canmeras.cfg" file, and another tutorial where I changed settings in-game, but my problem is that hitting the camera's Reset function always takes me to a zoomed out default. Is there a tutorial that you'd recommend for setting up a default camera, so I can give my mouse wheel a break? Thanks.
Will /Chicago /USA

Bluestar

Quote from: Ton van Bochove on Wed,  9 Aug 2023 17:58Thanks Bode! Your match is that based on "feeling and view" or do you use any reference? I try to eye ball the distance AC to ED on the PFD and translate this into a zoom but that is often less than the maximum zoom. Difficult matters to me!

I try to match PSX and to MSFS set at maximum zoom.  For me the PSX landing view is the driving force.  MSFS and P3d are a necessary evil so I can fly on Vatsim and Navigraph.  A lot of my setup was influenced by the input Hardy had to Carl in an earlier thread. 
Grace and Peace,

Bode

Bluestar

Quote from: Will on Wed,  9 Aug 2023 18:59Bode,

I like "max zoom" on MSFS but I'm having trouble getting it to stay put as a default. I followed one tutorial that had me edit the "canmeras.cfg" file, and another tutorial where I changed settings in-game, but my problem is that hitting the camera's Reset function always takes me to a zoomed out default. Is there a tutorial that you'd recommend for setting up a default camera, so I can give my mouse wheel a break? Thanks.

Prior to switching to MSFS on approach I manually go to max. zoom using my mouse wheel.  I just don't know enough about MSFS to make entries to the *.cfg files. 
Grace and Peace,

Bode

Hammerstan

Best resource I have found for setting MSFS Zoom for correct FOV (field of view): https://youtu.be/uc0gMN9q0rw  Handy look up table at time 8:00

To get the zoom setting to "stick" next flight, set the zoom in the MSFS General|Camera|Cockpit Camera|Zoom settings menu Video Here

Gary Oliver

Also you can get the MSFS client to set the zoom for you in the config file.  I use that as I find MSFS doesn't always load it correctly

Bluestar

Gary,

Got this message from the Client - "Couldn't Find WASM module in MSFS Community Folder."  The WASM module is in the Community folder along with the NAVIGRAPH modules.
Grace and Peace,

Bode

Gary Oliver

Quote from: Bluestar on Thu, 10 Aug 2023 19:10Gary,

Got this message from the Client - "Couldn't Find WASM module in MSFS Community Folder."  The WASM module is in the Community folder along with the NAVIGRAPH modules.

Is the folder called PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM_V10 ?

Bluestar

Gary,

The folder name is "PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM_V10".
Grace and Peace,

Bode

B747-400

File? Did you unzip it? It must be a FOLDER not a .zip file!

Regards
Hans

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

... tip ... configure Windows to always, always show the file extensions ...

Bluestar

I make a typo.  I meant to say "folder" instead of "file."  Always remember anyone who programed Assembly with punch cards in 1965 is old.  🤣
Grace and Peace,

Bode

brian747

@Hammerstan

QuoteTo get the zoom setting to "stick" next flight, set the zoom in the MSFS General|Camera|Cockpit Camera|Zoom settings menu

OK, but have you by any chance found a way to make the Drone cam zoom setting to stick? I have to reset it every vlight I make....   

Cheers,

Brian
(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

Bluestar

Gary,

I am not seeing any animation of the gear or flaps when I load the B744. When the B744 is loaded with out the interface, the gear shows.  The B744 is working OK since Vatsim and Navigraph is working. 
Grace and Peace,

Bode