News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM Version 10 - The Next Generation MSFS Scenery Link For PSX

Started by Gary Oliver, Fri, 4 Aug 2023 18:57

Gary Oliver

Will,

I will try this out on my PC, I have never had such issues in my Sim, however I am still running the older version on everything except my external view PC.

A friend has reported similar at KLAS after a reposition, thanks for the exact steps to reproduce.

Cheers
Goli

Will

Gary, thanks for your input. for what it's worth, I see the same behavior with V10.1.0 and V10.3.0. (I didn't try V10.2.0.)
Will /Chicago /USA

Will

I should also add, if it makes any difference, that I'm running all the apps on one PC with Windows 10.
Will /Chicago /USA

B747-400

Hello Will,

I did a quick check on my test rig: Gate 13, 251LA and some others are OK for me. Plane sits nicely on GND.

My Router is 10.3.0 and Client 10.1.1. I've MSFS standard. Do you use a 3rd party scenery? There is one on flightsim.to.

Btw: in the router.xml the MinWeightModelOffsetM is set to 4.3.

BR
Hans

Will

Thanks Hans, I appreciate your looking into this. I have the same setup you do: Router 10.3.0, Client 10.1.1, MSFS standard, router model offset 4.3.

I do not have any custom scenery installed.

And just to clarify, positioning at the gate is a way to illustrate the problem, but it also happens after a normal landing. I don't have to "reposition" to float, it happens in the normal course of flight ops as well.

My leading hypothesis was that the PSX terrain elevation doesn't match the MSFS terrain elevation, but if you are using stock MSFS scenery for RPLC, then this can't be the cause, right?

One last clarification: I do see this occasionally at other airports, but the float is usually not more than a tire-diameter. I mention RPLC because the float at RPLC is relatively extreme.

If anyone has any suggestions for things I could try, I'd be grateful.

Will /Chicago /USA

B747-400

A terrain mismatch on one specific airport could be possible. When I repos the bird to RPLC RWY 20 TO position, PSX gives me 389 ALT in Instructor station Position page. Do you have same value?

Another idea: perhaps your MSFS wasm plane model is broken. Move the wasm-folder out of Community folder and install an new one.

BR
Hans

Bluestar

I do not have this problem.  When I start my sim I place PSX and my MS2020 aircraft at the same location on the ground. 
Grace and Peace,

Bode

Will

Bode, I was hoping that would be it, but starting MSFS at the same spot as PSX doesn't solve the problem.

A terrain mismatch on one specific airport could be possible. When I repos the bird to RPLC RWY 20 TO position, PSX gives me 389 ALT in Instructor station Position page. Do you have same value?
Hans, I don't have the same value.

When I reposition PSX to the takeoff spot on RPLC Rwy 20, I initially get 391, but the value on the Instructor Page slowly ticks up to 400 as the aircraft rises in MSFS to about 10 feet over the runway. This is very interesting. I wonder why that would be? Maybe this is the key to the whole thing?

Maybe this is now a question for Hardy... stopping the Router (so that MSFS and PSX aren't talking anymore), when I reposition to RPLC Rwy 20, I still initially start at 392 and then over about 20 seconds, the altitude on the Instructor Page rises to 400.

Hans, could you please look at the Instructor Page for 20 seconds and verify that your altitude is fixed at 389 (and not rising)?
Will /Chicago /USA

Gary Oliver

Will,

On the router it will show your client connected with a value after it in meters of what it thinks the MSFS elevation is.

Does this have a value and change when moving?

Will

Hans, thank you for running those tests (the ones that you mentioned on the other thread).
Will /Chicago /USA

Will

I'm happy to report:

Issue Solved!!!

Thanks Hardy, Bode, Hans, Hammerstan, and Gary for your help.

The issue was an incorrect computer name in the Router.

I know that checking that name has been mentioned before. The name was something that sounded very plausible, and anyway, I only have one computer, so I was biased to think the name was correct. However, I think during setup it chose the name of my active desktop, instead of the name of the computer itself, and I didn't catch that because I wasn't ready to see it.

But I changed the computer name in the config file, and now my MSFS aircraft is glued firmly to the ground at every airport and at every gate, just like it should be.

Thanks again, guys.

Will /Chicago /USA

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Slowly ... slowly ... we want a CMC ... to permanently check the setup of the sim and provide detailed suggestions to fix it, even if you did not (yet) notice something was not correct!

Gary Oliver

Ah!

This also fixed the simulator we had problems on!  We had set a visuals PC but then the PC got renamed!

I'll add something to detect if the router is not getting elevation information for future troubleshooting.

Cheers
G