News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

2,000 updates

Started by Walter Kranl, Sun, 4 Jun 2023 12:52

Walter Kranl

171.01 is the 2,000th update since the release of PSX!

Congratulations, Hardy!

Walter

Hardy Heinlin

Oh! I didn't know that. How do you count them? :-)

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Or did mean to say 200?

Walter Kranl

I've created an Excel sheet containing all update messages.

Cheers
Walter

Hardy Heinlin

You mean for every item within an update?

?

Walter Kranl

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

cavaricooper

Yes we are alles Verrückt nach dem Jumbo

Walter, would you mind sharing... it would be a splendid roadmap... perhaps Hardy will pin the post....

Ta- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

cavaricooper

Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

jeffreymg

I have had PSX since DOS and Floppies and it is still great. I am 69 yrs old and teach general aviation aircraft and have always loved the Queen. Congratulations on keeping this program running and up to date.

peb

I'm no real world (or even sim) pilot but have a background in software development. I have used PSX only for the past 4-5 years and it really is an amazing piece of software. It is very stable and I have yet to see it have any sort of uncontrolled exit or crash or unexpected behaviour; it is quite something to trust that its behaviour to any event or action is correct and not a bug!

But perhaps above all that is the level of knowledge and the response to questions from Hardy. How he can so quickly address quite esoteric and detailed questions and even make changes within hours is quite amazing. He is always polite and not dismissive (unlike some other developers of sim software).

So a big thank you to him. I hope he is proud of what he has produced because he really should be.

funkyhut

Quote from: peb on Wed, 14 Jun 2023 07:50I'm no real world (or even sim) pilot but have a background in software development. I have used PSX only for the past 4-5 years and it really is an amazing piece of software. It is very stable and I have yet to see it have any sort of uncontrolled exit or crash or unexpected behaviour; it is quite something to trust that its behaviour to any event or action is correct and not a bug!

But perhaps above all that is the level of knowledge and the response to questions from Hardy. How he can so quickly address quite esoteric and detailed questions and even make changes within hours is quite amazing. He is always polite and not dismissive (unlike some other developers of sim software).

So a big thank you to him. I hope he is proud of what he has produced because he really should be.

Totally agree and my thanks too to Hardy and the amazing community you have created.
Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.

Hardy Heinlin

Thank you, guys.

I believe, when a community gets bigger and bigger, and its core started in a polite atmosphere with open-minded people, that core will attract further open-minded people automatically. It's like a chain reaction. One just needs enough good folks to achieve a tipping point towards the good side :-)

Cheers,

|-|ardy

MRFarhadi

Dear Hardy, and the rest of this lovely community,

It is a great honour for me, to find out about this wonderful place. If I had ever seen one, it's been a long time since I saw a developer/mentor more passionate than Hardy. Thank you, sincerely, from the deepest parts of my heart.

Respectfully, in tears of joy,
Reza
Mohammadreza Farhadi

jtsjc1

Hardy's a class guy. When I had a problem with my install he helped no questions asked. Its a great community here thanks to him and everyone here.
Joe