News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Navburo - Merge Custom DBs?

Started by United744, Tue, 30 May 2023 18:29

United744

Hi,

Is it possible to merge custom database entries made by ourselves to another existing database created by e.g. Navigraph?

I want to use the Navigraph database merged with my custom airports (not listed anywhere else).

I seem to recall this is not possible?

Hardy Heinlin

Hi,

this is not possible. For legal reasons, government data (Navigraph) and private data must be strictly separated.

Theoretically, you could do this with Navburo if you had the ARINC source code from Jeppesen or Navigraph.

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

It depends on where your custom airports need to be. If USA, then I think the FAA publishes raw data that NavBüro can ingest together with your own data.

Hoppie

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

A joke 😇

Next time I will write NÅVBÜRO.

United744

"Buro" always looks strange to me.

I added Manston myself to the database based on old charts, as it is closed IRL (for now) but used quite a bit for base training, touch and go's, etc. There is even an ITVV video of Cathy pilots using it.

O/T: there is talk of re-opening it, but that remains to be seen.

I wanted to merge my addition to the updated Navigraph database, but not a problem if it can't.

I think someone mentioned adding all the airports in Antarctica as well? Was that Gary? I want to do this, too. Did he post it anywhere?