News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Hardware sharing between PSX and other sims

Started by petdocvmd, Sat, 11 Mar 2023 16:25

petdocvmd

Well, finally getting back into simming now that our basement is nearing completion and I have space to start setting up stuff :-)

How do those of you who use PSX driving a visual sim (say MSFS2020) AND use the visual sim independently (e.g. flitting around in an Arrow) organize displays and hardware?  My specific concern is that I am looking to have PSX on PC #1 with multiple (some touch) monitors, and MSFS on PC #2 with a large display monitor.  I'm currently using Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle, and MDG Xwind rudder pedals.  Is there a reasonable way to use these controls with my setup without swapping them from PC to PC depending upon whether I am using PSX or MSFS2020?  Wondering if using FSUIPC/WideFS would allow me to keep them on the PSX PC and pipe their data to the MSFS2020 PC when I want to fly directly in the latter?

I've done a lot of searching, but so far haven't been able to fully answer the viability of this scenario.  Yet I feel there must be a number of folks doing just this.

Thanks!

Scott
Scott L. Fausel, VMD

simbro

Hi Scott,

Have a look at virtualhere.com for a possible solution on sharing USB devices.
I used it back when I was sharing my controls as you describe but since moving to a dedicated cockpit I no longer need it.

Regards
Simon

petdocvmd

Quote from: simbro on Mon, 13 Mar 2023 09:07Have a look at virtualhere.com for a possible solution on sharing USB devices.

Thanks - looks to be exactly what I need!

Scott
Scott L. Fausel, VMD