News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Aerosoft Australia MCP747

Started by PanosI, Wed, 11 Jan 2023 14:42

PanosI

I'm opening a new thread with the progress that i have made so far with the MCP747 and the PSX.

I have already downloaded everything that Brain suggested in older threads and i asked him a question that he didn't see it

the question is here

https://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?msg=75404


Since i didn't had success trying to connect my MCP to my windows 10 laptop via USB, i followed a different route.

After research i bought a USB to serial port converter (DB9M/USB A pug)  and began the installation.

When i finally managed to connect the MCP with windows 10, my joy was indescribable !!!!

But i have a partial success here.

I use the MCP747 software (in the panel check shows that everything is working) but i can't connect the MCP with PSX  :(

Back in the day if my memory serves me well i use the Project Magenta option tab in the aerosoft software to connect it with PS1.

Now none of the options (FS2004, Project Magenta, PIC 767, LVL-D 767, PMDG737, PMDG747) is working :(

Any help would kindly appreciated ?
 
 

Martin Baker

Hi. Are you using AdaptPSX? That's what I use to connect the Aerosoft MCP to PSX.

https://simulatorsolutions.com.au/simulator-solutions-software/adaptpsx/

Martin.

PanosI

Thank you for the heads up, Martin.

I didn't know and i was trying to connect with the MCP747 software!

Now i try to connect with the AdaptPSX, i enabled serial output and selected the COM3 in drop down menu but when i push start its connects and instantly stops. The other 3 options (GPS, Engervity CDU and RAW)  are connecting and stay connected.

What am i missing here?

Martin Baker

Perhaps someone with more experience can step in here. I'm afraid I don't have mine set up at the moment so I can't check, but I remember trying different options until I found one that worked, and after a bit of initial fiddling it connected reliably. I think the fiddling included trying different USB ports on the PC as well as options within AdaptPSX. Sorry not to have a more scientific memory! M

PanosI

Thank you for your time, Martin.

I tried everything in 2 different laptops with no luck. I think it has to do with the fiddling that you mention.

I'll check again the section of the USB controllers in the device manager, later. So frustrating.

PanosI

After countless tries and almost a year the solution was the adaptpsx.b2.6 version which i located in a folder in Brian's Aerosoft Australia MCP747 complete collection files.

No other version including the current (v 1.1.2) of adaptPSX is working for me.

My MCP747 is working with the PSX for the first time !!!
I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw the "Connected-Aerosoft MCP" !!!




Ton van Bochove

I have one available for a EU citizen, it is not working 100%.
Ton

Kurt

Quote from: PanosI on Tue, 16 Jan 2024 02:42After countless tries and almost a year the solution was the adaptpsx.b2.6 version which i located in a folder in Brian's Aerosoft Australia MCP747 complete collection files.

No other version including the current (v 1.1.2) of adaptPSX is working for me.

My MCP747 is working with the PSX for the first time !!!
I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw the "Connected-Aerosoft MCP" !!!






Same here - only the old Beta 2.7 is working for me and ONLY on older PC´s. No matter what I do I cant get the newest version working on any PC (old or new) nor any older version on newer PC´s - connects and instantly disconnects..

AdaptPSX is sucessfully installed on a 10 year old i7-4930K which is also running the 4 pedestal/Throttle/CDU´s and P6 CB panel screens interfacing to the MCP747 (with dual efis modules and the single eicas module) and epson thermal T20iii printer.

Best regards
Kurt

asboyd

Hi Ton,
Shame it's only EU.... :)

AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Ton van Bochove

Hi Alex sent me a PM please!
Ton

PanosI

Quote from: Kurt on Tue, 16 Jan 2024 20:16Same here - only the old Beta 2.7 is working for me and ONLY on older PC´s. No matter what I do I cant get the newest version working on any PC (old or new) nor any older version on newer PC´s - connects and instantly disconnects..

AdaptPSX is sucessfully installed on a 10 year old i7-4930K which is also running the 4 pedestal/Throttle/CDU´s and P6 CB panel screens interfacing to the MCP747 (with dual efis modules and the single eicas module) and epson thermal T20iii printer.



Thank God, it worked on my new build desktop with Windows 11 (version adaptpsx b2.6).

My joy is indescribable!

I use the MCP747 again after almost 10 years of inactivity.
 
If I could make it work with the rest of my simulators (MSFS 2020, X-Plane 12), I would be the happiest person in the world.

I'm already looking for it with SPAD.neXt and MobiFlight.



744sim

Kurt, could you share the old version AdaptPSX Beta 2.7?

Thanks in advance.
Javier / Barcelona (Spain)

Kurt

Quote from: 744sim on Thu, 18 Jan 2024 10:51Kurt, could you share the old version AdaptPSX Beta 2.7?

Thanks in advance.

sure - let me know where so send it to :)
Best regards
Kurt

744sim

Here, please... b744sim (at) yahoo (dot) es

Thank you!
Javier / Barcelona (Spain)

asboyd

Hi Ton,
Just adding done, so viewers know we are in contact
Cheers,

AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: asboyd on Sun, 21 Jan 2024 02:38Hi Ton,
Just adding done, so viewers know we are in contact
Cheers,

AlexB

Thanks Alex
Ton

asboyd

Quote from: Kurt on Sat, 20 Jan 2024 10:28sure - let me know where so send it to :)
Hi Kurt,
Could you also send me a link to aboyd (at) boydsnest (dot) dyndns (dot) org.

I only have Beta 8.0

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Kurt

#17
Closing link as Alex and Javier got their file :D
Best regards
Kurt

asboyd

Thank you very much Kurt.

AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

744sim

Very grateful, Kurt. Thank you!
Javier / Barcelona (Spain)