News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Global METAR station locations table

Started by MRFarhadi, Sun, 13 Nov 2022 22:44

MRFarhadi

Hey y'all,

I was trying the RNP approaches into Istanbul's new airport (LTFM) that I figured the METAR for the said airport isn't available through the online weather system. As I dug deeper through the issue, seemingly the PSX's "Global METAR station locations table" (one of many databases of PSX) does not include LTFM's weather station, though It "does" download the weather (I've double-checked with the .metar file contents, downloaded into the Weather folder of PSX's root installation path).
Any solutions to update the mentioned database?

Best,
Reza
Mohammadreza Farhadi
Ex-pilot, current aerospace student

Hardy Heinlin

Hi,

I will modify the system in the next PSX update.

For now, when you are within circa 300 nm of LTFM, you can deselect "Set zones by flight track ...", and in one of the 7 local zone pages enter "LTFM" in the top left edit field, then click "From METAR" to load the download-cached METAR of LTFM into that zone.

Regards,

|-|ardy

MRFarhadi

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Sun, 13 Nov 2022 23:12Hi,

I will modify the system in the next PSX update.

For now, when you are within circa 300 nm of LTFM, you can deselect "Set zones by flight track ...", and in one of the 7 local zone pages enter "LTFM" in the top left edit field, then click "From METAR" to load the download-cached METAR of LTFM into that zone.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Dear Hardy,

Got it. Much obliged!
Mohammadreza Farhadi

Hardy Heinlin

MRFarhadi

Mohammadreza Farhadi