News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET.GateFinder - Accurate Gate Positioning for PSX

Started by Gary Oliver, Sun, 25 Sep 2022 13:02

Gary Oliver

All,

A small addon born out of discussions on the MSFS thread around positioning of PSX accurately to gates.

PSX.NET.GateFinder will position you to the exact gate location based on MSFS/P3D Scenery.

Note: This addon was written in a few spare hours this morning so please report back any issues.

Install

Pre Req Download .NET6 Runtime

Download PSX.Net.GateFinder and extract to a folder of your choice.

Run makerunways.exe, this will take ~10 minutes to scan your MSFS install for Gates.

Take the g5.csv it generates and put it in the root of your My Documents folder.

Usage

Run PSX.NET.GateFinder to choose a position.

The config file is created after first run in your my docs folder which allows you to change PSX IP and Port, and also if you find the aircraft gets positioned a bit too far forward edit the ReverseDistance.  I found 0.01 was fine, but try 0.05 or 0.015.

Cheers
G

macroflight

Works like a charm! Thanks Gary!

(My only problem was that I managed to download the earlier broken version. If you get an exception when you try to "Set PSX Position" and no config file generated, make you have the latest version linked to from this post.)

akatham

Exactly what i needed for you connector. Thank you very much. Does exactly what it is supposed to do.

J D ADAM

Thank you Gary for your efforts on behalf of PSX users.
It appears to me that Gate Finder is for MSFS although you state it will
work with P3D.
Confusion reigns in my mind because it won't install for me. (Are you surprised)
Any advice would be appreciated.

Derek

J D ADAM

Gary,

If all else fails READ THE  BL .........!

Now working faultlessly with P3D .

Thank you for yet another fine addition to my sim.

Cheers
Derek

Takayoshi Sasano

Hi Gary,

thank you very much for creating this, having just started getting my feet wet with PSX the GateFinder is a phantastic tool. I spent hours creating a small set of .situ files for the airports/gates I tend to start from frequently by adjusing the coordinates in the Instructor and check in MSFS how badly I messed up.

Cheers

Yoshi

Gary Oliver

This has been updated to (optionally) allow you to skip through the MSFS menus when using PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM.

Requires Simstack Router.  Its currently setup for a 4K install of MSFS.

petdocvmd

Gary,

Will this app work without simstack router (I don't have it and can't get it)?  The app runs, but after entering an aiport (e.g. KSFO), and selecting a gate, pressing the position PSX button does nothing - the aircraft does not change position.  I am using the MS Store version of MSFS 2020 on a Win 11 PC, and testing with PSX on the same PC.  Does it matter where the gatefinder program is located?

*** EDIT:  Closing all and restarting solved the problem :-)
Scott L. Fausel, VMD

Aleks

Any chance to make it run with "," as decimal separator? Using "." makes fuss on my system with other applications.

Gary Oliver

Aleks,

I'll add it to the list to take a look at (is this fixed with the WASM module already?)

Cheers
G

kryten

Hi Gary,
  This looks like it would be very useful to me. Does it work with FSX?

Gary Oliver

Link updated with version which should support different decimal separators.

Cheers
G,a.ry

For future us... the fix is to set the following in the csproj files

<InvariantGlobalization>true</InvariantGlobalization>
<PredefinedCulturesOnly>false</PredefinedCulturesOnly>   

joergalv

Tank you G.ar,y  :)

Quote from: kryten on Tue, 21 Mar 2023 15:34This looks like it would be very useful to me. Does it work with FSX?

Yes. Just put the Makerwys.exe in your FSX root folder, run it, and take the g5.csv it generates and put it in the root of your My Documents folder.

joergalv

Gary, maybe you accidentally have not linked to the new version?
The exe in the provided zip is dated from Jan 15, and still requires '.' to be the decimal separator.

Best regards
Joerg