News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM - Smooth PSX to MSFS Scenery Link

Started by Gary Oliver, Sun, 18 Sep 2022 23:49

Gary Oliver

Hans,

The layoutgenerator is used by me to create the package, I just left the EXE behind by mistake.

Good spot on the installers, it's an autogenerated file, I will have a look to see how to change them.

Cheers
G

B747-400

Gary,

I've no chance to start a flight. As soon as I select the WASM model, I cannot start on a selected RWY in MSFS. I select RWY 29 in LOWW, then hit the FLY button. It starts with a quick expanding blue line on the bottom. But as the line comes to the last quarter it slows down dramatically and after that it get stuck.

Running on WIN 10 Pro 64bit, MSFS with SU10. Client two greens, and router seems to be ok as well ... showing Main and Boost numbers.

Cheers
Hans

Gary Oliver

It sounds like its failing to compile the WASM module for some reason.

Could you try enabling developer mode in MSFS and using the options > WASM debugging option to see what it says as you load into the sim?

Cheers
G

B747-400

I will check this tomorrow and let you know the outcome!

Cheers
Hans

akatham

For me the "getting stuck at loading after selecting starting position and hitting fly" is also tied to the region settings in windows.

If i have the router and client programs running while starting the flight in msfs and having the regional format set to to my local region, it hangs.

If the regional format is set to english (uk) it loads for me.

Gary Oliver

B747-400

Quote from: akatham on Mon,  3 Oct 2022 18:41If the regional format is set to english (uk) it loads for me.

Thats a good point. I'm running the english version of WIN, but I guess region settings are for Austria. I will check this out tomorrow as well!

Cheers
Hans

Peter Lang

Hi Gary

on my system I had strange time actualisation. Long time nothing, then the moon and stars jump. I have to investigate further.

But it is smooooth :-) Thank you.

Hans: I had to change region stettings for both router and client computer to english version to get it work.

hope this helps.
Peter

Gary Oliver

Peter,

If you restart the router it will update to Beta 2 and this fixes the time jump problem.

Cheers
G

B747-400

Hi,

well, changing my Region to EN did the trick! But some troubles here ...

After starting MSFS, the background hangar (screen where to select the World Map menue) the WASM model turns upside down immediately. It's cosmetics, but just to let you know.

As soon MSFS is set up, I'm not sitting in the cockpit, but in the gear wheel well, seeing the retracted gear. Then MSFS circles around my plane.

Regardless which situ is loaded, I'm not in the cockpit. How to get the cockpit view?

Is the WASM model now ready for the lights? All the light switches from PSX does not have any effect in MSFS.

When I try to end the flight in MSFS (ESC and Yes to main menu) it takes minutes until I'm back in the hangar menu.

THX and cheers
Hans

Gary Oliver

Hans,

Sounds like you are using the old WASM aircraft - Make sure you download the latest one - Updated Yesterday.

Cheers
G

B747-400

Nope, it's the version from yesterday (with the included MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe).
Today router and client did autoupdate to beta 2.

Cheers
Hans

Peter Lang

Hi Gary,

thank you very much.
I can confirm Time update now every minute (which still gives noticable sky movements)

LDG lights work, but only other A/C and scenery obstacles are enlighted. Ground does not seem to be affected.

RWY turnoff lights dito, but compared to the LDG lights other A/C and scenery obstacles are much brighter enlighted. Ground seems to be marginally affected.

Taxy lights no response.

I have difficulties to save camera position

Peter

Gary Oliver

Peter,

Yes I need to have a think about how to do the time Sync properly... MSFS only supports Minute Injection not Seconds... Leave it with me.

Taxi Lights wern't added as BA dont have them... I will add it to the list though for you.

Lights do have some effect here, but I think a revisit is required, on the list....
Cheers
G

Gary Oliver

Peter,

I think I have fixed the time sync... restart your client and check it updates to Beta 2.

The first sync will cause a jump but after that the seconds will stay in sync... no jumpy moon and stars for me now.

Thanks again for everyone who's helping test the MSFS modules, I hope my development process of getting it to everyone to test and making lots of updates is okay with everyone.

Cheers
G

Gary Oliver

New Aircraft ( Here ) now fixes the dim lights.

Note it has been renamed to PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM for clarity so the .internal one can be removed from your community folder.

PS: If anyone wants to make some external camera entries in the cameras.cfg please feed them back for inclusion.  Same with Liveries.

B747-400

Thanks Gary, will check it out later.

Hopefully this time I will end up IN the cockpit  ;)

Cheers
Hans

Gary Oliver

Hans,

If you get stuck drop into the simfest discord https://discord.gg/Hn5fYeRb and we can chat further... Macroflight on the forum has had alot of success too.

Cheers
G

Peter Lang

Hi Gary,

Time ist now working.

Lights are much better now, although it feels like there is a very bright flashlight lying on the ground and extremely brightly illuminating the ridges. Its a little bit difficult to describe.

Camara position is still a factor. But I remember there was a similar challenge with the Posky 747.

Keep up good work and thank you very much.
Peter

B747-400

Peter,

did you have to change any settings to start in cockpit view?

Even with the new WASM, when I start a flight (on ground with parked plane) the view starts outside, orbiting around the plane. All the keys for slew, view change are not working as well.

No idea what cause this ...

Cheers
Hans