News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM - Smooth PSX to MSFS Scenery Link

Started by Gary Oliver, Sun, 18 Sep 2022 23:49

macroflight

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Tue, 18 Oct 2022 15:30I recommend redownloading the client after uninstalling it from the link on the first post of this thread and roll back to the old WASM file (link updated)

The above instructions restored a working sim for me. Thanks Gary!

Please note that you need to manually uninstall the client (using the normal Windows "Add or remove programs") before installing it again, otherwise it will not work.

Aleks

Thank you, Gary! Now it spawned correctly.

Off to check if it will freeze PSX with fps unlimited :)

joergalv

I reinstalled the Client as recommended, but the new 'clean' Client config does not include any entries to put the IP Adress of the PSX/Router PC. The Config file of the previous version was deleted during the uninstall, so I don't know what entries are to be added to the Client config.

Workaround: Router and Client on the MSFS/Client PC, and changing the PSX-PC Addresses in the router config accordingly.

Gary Oliver

It should have a setting called <UserObjectRouterIP> - This is the MSFS.Router Address.

SimObject Router is for later on when we do traffic sync in multiple PC settings.  Mine looks like this :-

We tried to follow the MSFS Conventions of :-

UserObject = The User Aircraft, aka the moving of the plane around the earth
SimObject = All other traffic, people, vehicles that need syncing between multiple MSFS instances.

Happy to accept suggestions for better wording?

Aleks

Just had PSX freeze again, with the latest updates, while taxiing at EHAM on Vatsim.
But I did not change UserObjectRouterIP to correct IP. This might have been the cause?

Off to test again.

Gary Oliver

I wonder if it's BACARS?

Hardy,

I send addon= messages which the sim stack router I use uses for all my addons to talk to each other.  The simstack router won't forward these to PSX.

What will PSX try and do if it receives a string in the format of addon=blah;;;;blah?

I don't get these freezes.

Aleks

Yes, I am using BACARS and PSXCDU remote (app on ipad).

On other note, tried to change IP on UserObjectRouterIP and ended up in ocean. Reverted to default 127.0.0.1 and spawned correctly.

And if it has any importance, I do not have NG FMC.

joergalv

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Tue, 18 Oct 2022 19:44It should have a setting called <UserObjectRouterIP> - This is the MSFS.Router Address.

sorted! Thanks a lot!

Aleks

Tried again, but PSX froze during taxi to 36L at EHAM.

Used following, in addition to smooth injector with latest updates:
- BACARS
- PSX CDU remote app
- vPilot
- Gate finder

MSFS is with SU11 beta.
PSX is the latest version, without NG FMC.

PSX frames set to 73, MSFS set to 100% monitor refresh rate (60 fps).

Gary Oliver

Can you try with just the MSFS link on its own?

I think there were reports of the psxcdu app causing freezing before.

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Tue, 18 Oct 2022 20:35What will PSX try and do if it receives a string in the format of addon=blah;;;;blah?

PSX will ignore this message and keep operating normally.

It just shouldn't be flooded with injections at a rate higher than the CPU can handle.

|-|ardy

macroflight

I've now spent two hours trying to make PSX freeze up. PSX won. :)

- MSFS SU10
- nvidia control panel: defaults, except: fixed refresh (60 Hz monitor) and vsync: use 3D application setting
- Latest WASM, client and router
- No simrouter
- All my PSX addons active: PSX.NET, BACARS, Aeromap, PSXSound, IOS CDU app, Gatefinder
- Various MSFS settings (vsync on/off, low graphics, ultra graphics)
- PSX at 73 or 60/20
- PSX time acceleration (here I can get all CPUs to be 100% busy, but PSX still keeps going and seems fins after I go back to 1x)
- 1h flight EHAM 36L - ESSA (with some time acceleration here and there)
- Spending 15 minutes just taxiing around ESSA and EHAM, including doing donuts all over Holland at 8x time acceleration :)

I did see a few PSX freezes with earlier versions of PSX.NET.MSFS during normal flights through. I.e my setup was not immune to them. Maybe one per two flights or something like that.

Has anyone seen freeze with the latest client/router when using SU10? If not, I could try to upgrade to SU11 beta and repeat the same testing.

Aleks

Sincere apologies, Gary!
Seems like Remote PSX CDU was indeeed the cause of freezes.

So far, all good when not using Remote PSX CDU.

Perhaps PSX CDU was freezing the PSX as I am using same iPad for Simbrief charts and PSX CDU. When you mentioned that PSX CDU can cause freezem, I found a thread where it was mentioned that when it loses focus it might cause freeze.

I will try using separate iPad only for PSX CDU to see if it will crash PSX again :)

Are there any alternative solutions for remote CDU on iPad?

Gary Oliver

Well for me that is good news!

I always use sim stack switch for protecting PSX from addons hanging.  I don't know if there's a free router or switch available now days?

Aleks

I will dare to say that we can conclude that PSX CDU remote was causing freezes of PSX.
I even tried to run PSX CDU remote on a separate iPad, without losing focus on it, and I guess it froze MSFS this time.

Gary, any plans to show Vatsim traffic on ND?

And thank you for your excellent work! It is amazing now to fly PSX with buttersmooth MSFS. I dare to even crank up settings in MSFS :)

macroflight

Quote from: Aleks on Wed, 19 Oct 2022 10:47Gary, any plans to show Vatsim traffic on ND?

I don't know if Gary has other plans, but PSX.NET.vPilot works for me with PSX.NET.MSFS. Other VATSIM traffic shows up on the PSX ND (TCAS) display.

See https://aerowinx.com/board/index.php/topic,4586.0.html

Remember that you need to:

- Have the PSX.NET.vPilot plugin installed in vPilot
- In PSX, set traffic to External (this is loaded with the situ, so easy to miss this setting)
- Turn on TCAS in the sim (TA/RA + have TFC shown on ND)

Aleks

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Wed, 19 Oct 2022 08:46I always use sim stack switch for protecting PSX from addons hanging.  I don't know if there's a free router or switch available now days?

Does this still work?
http://www.hoppie.nl/psxrouter/

Hoppie

akatham

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Wed, 19 Oct 2022 12:54Does this still work?
http://www.hoppie.nl/psxrouter/

Hoppie

I am using it to protect PSX from my own badly written addon, so it works fine...  ;D

Eric Volmer

Hello Gary,
I was highly interested to use your solution, to have the Aerowinx 744 cockpit displayed in MSFS. Thus, I installed all recommended software modules.
Then, when I select the ″PSX.NET″ aircraft in my MSFS hangar, a BAW 744 appears, however laying on its back. Then, when I continue and select the departure airport (KEB, as adviced), the same aircraft appears, now laying in the water. And when selecting the aircraft to fly, only the airport and takeoff runway that I had selected in PSX appears. So, nowhere a cockpit display of the 744 is presented.
The PSX.NET.MSFS client shows UserObject Link and MSFS Link both in green, SimOject Link in grey.
What did I do wrong? Do I need to adjust MSFS settings?
Do you have any cockpit screenshot of your solution available?
Hopefully you find time to help me.
Thanks a lot in advance, best regards, Eric