News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Application to inject PSX weather into ActiveSky

Started by Steve - Browny, Mon, 8 Aug 2022 06:58

Steve - Browny

Hi guys,

I made this little app some time ago and didn't share it here.

It looks at the settings in PSX and then either injects the weather or tells ActiveSky to use its own real world weather.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/134ODwK6HIVnqBYGwyoaXq6qcP5dysCwA/view?usp=sharing

All you need to do is change the config file as it does work across the network. You need to turn on the ActiveSky Web Companion for this to work.

I don't have ActiveSky to still test it out etc but it does seem to work but is pretty simple as I only made it when I was having a look at C#.

Have fun with it.

Matt Sheil

I Have been using this little PSX to Active sky application for the last 2 years and works perfectly, what ever you set in PSX it injects it in to P3D via Active sky.
Great utility
Matt

Hardy Heinlin

Thank you, Steve. Just out of technical interest (I have no add-ons): Which weather datasets in PSX does your application use? E.g. there are 7 local zones; does it use just the active one, or all 7 together?

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Martin Baker

Wow, does this mean that CBs as seen on the ND in PSX will now appear in Active Sky (and therefore P3D) too? M

Steve - Browny

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Tue,  9 Aug 2022 03:09
Thank you, Steve. Just out of technical interest (I have no add-ons): Which weather datasets in PSX does your application use? E.g. there are 7 local zones; does it use just the active one, or all 7 together?

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Hi Hardy,

It uses all of them and sets the METARs for whatever PSX specifies. Activesky handles it all so must just merge it all together to form the whole weather simulation.

Steve - Browny

Quote from: Martin Baker on Tue,  9 Aug 2022 08:28
Wow, does this mean that CBs as seen on the ND in PSX will now appear in Active Sky (and therefore P3D) too? M

It's not quite that granular. If it's in the METAR, itll be out the window so if youre expecting clouds to be there from the METAR, you should see them out the window.