News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX networking/ Interfacing tutorial request

Started by samer747, Fri, 8 Jul 2022 00:12

samer747

Pilots,
Some of us on the forum have their full size flight deck up and running and some of us are still in the build process, I have a request to ask, can some one help us with a tutorial videos or documents that make interfacing/ networking a bit easier to do, especially those of us whom not good with coding and networking especially with SimStack boards/software. 

There are some networking documents over here on this forum for PSX assignments and some other documents for the simstack on there forum but unfortunately its taking us too much time figuring out the puzzle and trying to understand the concept of coding.

It will be highly appreciated if someone can provide us with a tutorial that will give us a good head start with interfacing our hardware and PSX, something like (coding for dummies.....HHAHA). I did chat with few members that are building full flight deck sims, we all are having some issues interfacing as we don't have a background in software engineering/programming.

Hopefully we will have networking/interfacing tutorials added to our library over here on this forum.

Best Regards,
Sam

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

This itches me a lot, of course.

The issue is probably that a generic networking and programming tutorial is no good as the exact kind of networking and interface equipment you have is ultra-important for the details.

Maybe we should first figure out a set of equipment, base tutorials on that, and add deviations later?

Just brainstorming. Before we know it we throw a PSX convention with panels, breakouts, and keynotes...

Hoppie

Hardy Heinlin

Where should such a tutorial start?

Should it teach a certain programming language like Python or Java etc.?

Or should it focus on hardware tasks: Which wire should be connected to which pin?

|-|ardy

Steve - Browny

Hardy's add-on examples that are in the Developers folder in PSX certainly got me going on how PSX works with networking. It was a lot of tinkering around but when you start seeing how the variables are sent through the network from PSX after pressing switches etc, it starts making sense when you look at the documentation.

samer747

Hardy, Hoppie;
I was thinking basic tutorials, information that can get someone started on networking and basic interfacing. Projects can be different from basic flight controls interfacing to a full flight deck simulator.

Example of small tutorials would be; 2 or 3 position switch interface, Rotary encoders, Potentiometers assignments and calibration, panel lighting, panel switch information lights for certain systems, Simstack boards and some basic ARINC 429 transiting/receiving data interface for advance original aircraft parts.....etc.

Examples of networking such as basic multiple PSX instances networking to connecting multiple computers together for bigger simulators, connecting and assigning different interface boards on the same network,  sceneries and visuals such multiple monitor/projectors for 120, 180, or 270 degrees visual.

I know these are lots of information but eventually we can have a great library for all members, and whatever was the project we should find a helpful tutorial that get us started on the right track.

Regards

Hardy Heinlin

A lot of detailed guides are already available

https://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?board=7.0
https://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=1570.0
https://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=1085.0
Aerowinx Operations Manual, chapter "Network"
Aerowinx/Developers/... (Java examples with comments)

Quote from: samer747 on Fri,  8 Jul 2022 21:03
Example of small tutorials would be; 2 or 3 position switch interface, ...

"2 or 3 position switch", for example, where exactly should such a tutorial start? In the programming language? In the hardware section? Shopping tips? Quality comparisons? What information exactly do you miss in the above links and folders? Maybe a general tutorial about where to find specific tutorials?

Regards,

|-|ardy