News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

General Invitation: FS Weekend, Aviodrome, Nov 5-6

Started by Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers, Tue, 14 Jun 2022 19:20

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

I got a message from Frans Broekhuijsen who invites any PSX pilot to the upcoming Dutch FS Weekend in the usual spot, Aviodrome Lelystad.

After the whole corona episode (which is far from over actually), a new date for the 2022 edition of the FS Weekend has been announced: November 5 and 6, 2022.

Frans really would like to have as many different flight simulators as possible present, and PSX as one of the more professional ones yet one of the least known ones, has always been high on his wish list. He's looking for a few pilots who can show off the sim and enjoy the party. Participation will be completely free and Frans will take care of a few tables and power.

Even after all these years (like 20?) there still is no proper internet at the venue... however PSX shines brightly without.

Any people interested? Feel free to either discuss here or contact Frans directly, at frans@fsweekend.com .

Hoppie

Frans767

Gary Oliver

Hoppie,

Always one I've fancied visiting however for 20 years it's aligned with the World Flight week!

One day!

Cheers
G

Ton van Bochove

Depending the covid situation it is definitely an event I will visit
Ton

Jeroen D

Marked the dates in my calendar. Looking forward to it!

Jeroen

United744

If all the stupid restrictions are lifted I'll consider it. A hardcore flight sim on a laptop? That will surely gain interest!

Keith Maton

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Tue, 14 Jun 2022 19:20
Any people interested?

Hey Hoppie, I feel this is a show I could well be interested in going to. How does it compare in size to the Flight Sim show we had every year at the motorcycle museum in Birmingham?

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

I've never been at the Birmingham show and last time I was in Lelystad was like 15 years ago. Others that have more pertinent info?

Hoppie

Frans767

Quote from: Keith Maton on Wed,  6 Jul 2022 00:06
Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Tue, 14 Jun 2022 19:20
Any people interested?

Hey Hoppie, I feel this is a show I could well be interested in going to. How does it compare in size to the Flight Sim show we had every year at the motorcycle museum in Birmingham?

Hi Keith,
The FSweekend is the biggest Flightsim event in the world we have around 3000 visitors in two day's  google and look at YouTube for FSweekend to find some impression,  I really hope that a few PSX pilots wil come and give info and demonstrations with the PSX and of-course the meeting place to see other PSX pilots. 

Dirk Schepmann

Hi,

I'll most probably also join, I have been there a couple of years ago and really liked it. Would be a great opportunity to meet some people there.

Cheers,
Dirk

Will

I would love to go, but I can't.

I don't have a fancy setup, but I have two large monitors, the freestanding CDU from FDS, joystick, throttles, and tiller, and I could show people that you can have plenty of fun with just two apps: PSX and PFPX. 

Internet would help, of course; that would let me put a moving map and IFR charts on the second monitor.

The point I would hope to make is that a clean, almost minimalist(*) setup is still an impressive enough experience.

*) Compared to things like home cockpits, projection screens, a network with a world scenery generator, and so on.

If PSX users have been there before, what have they brought?
Will /Chicago /USA

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Like this... PS1.3...

http://www.hoppie.nl/galleries/gppm5/
German PS1 Pilot Meeting, 5th edition, November 2004 in Frankfurt

http://www.hoppie.nl/galleries/dppm05/
Dutch PS1 Pilot Meeting 2005 (November 10-13, 2005)

Dutch FS Weekend 2006
http://www.hoppie.nl/galleries/fs-weekend-2006/

These include literally the last known photos of Jörg Löhnig... RIP, man.

Hoppie

Will

Well, now I really wish I could go.
Will /Chicago /USA

Dirk Schepmann

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Sat, 30 Jul 2022 23:13
Like this... PS1.3...

http://www.hoppie.nl/galleries/gppm5/
German PS1 Pilot Meeting, 5th edition, November 2004 in Frankfurt

Hoppie

Note the mix of CRT and LCD displays - we were well ahead at that time.  ;) :)

andrej

I hope to join next year, as this year I can not attend. But FS Weekend is on my bucket list for a very long time.

I can show my "mobile" setup, with 1x CDU, Laptop, and HOTAS + rudders setup.

Sincerely,
Andrej

Jeroen D

Just wondering about this weekends Sim weekend in Lelystad? Anybody going, I intend to go on Sunday morning

Jeroen

GodAtum

Shame this clashed with Worldflight, if it had been on separate days I might have gone!

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

WorldFlight has been clashing with Flightsim Weekend for as long as I remember... and that is over 20 years now...

Hoppie

Keith Maton