News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

BACARS Feature Request

Started by Mariano, Sat, 9 Apr 2022 19:26

Mariano

Gary,

Would you consider adding the following feature on a future version of BACARS?

Could you perhaps add an entry by which we can force CARD to display PSX date and time (as opposed to real date and time) on the printout header (ACARS transmission date and time stamps)? This feature could also apply to every BACARS date and time referenced-feature/page.

I mostly get to fly PSX in stages during layovers, and not in real time (as schedule often doesn't allow me to complete a flight all at once). This is why I always use PSX ATIS and manually-entered station and planet weather. Having the above feature would allow BACARS to (cosmetically) match my simulation environment, making it even more enjoyable.

Again, thank you for all your work creating and sharing BACARS with us.

Best regards,

Mariano

Gary Oliver

Mariano,

It makes sense to use PSX time as the reference for everything doesn't it!

I'll make the change

Cheers
G

Mariano

Thanks again, Gary.

Is there a vehicle by which I can donate some cash for your time and excellent support?

I have PayPal, if that helps.

Best regards,

Mariano

Gary Oliver

Mariano,

I'm sure one of the world flight teams would appreciate a donation, failing that I'm sure we will end up in the same place in the world and we can buy each other a beer!

Cheers
G

Mariano

Deal!

I don't drink, so you can have mine as well, on me.

I'm a cheap date.

Best regards,

Mariano

Gary Oliver

Mariano

As always, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Gary.

Best regards,

Mariano

Mariano

Gary,

Quick question.

Close to the top of the CARD printout, below the line "1 of 1" (or "1 of X") is the flight number, correct date, and a time. To what is that time referring? Sometimes the time is (randomly?) behind PSX time, and sometimes it is ahead of PSX time? Should that be the time the calculation was made, which should be just behind the ACARS transmission time?

Thank you again for your time,

Mariano

Gary Oliver

Mariano,

I didn't have much chance to test the changes a. I'll take a look this weekend.

Cheers
G

Mariano

No worries!

Thank you,

Mariano

PS: The very top date and time stamp works perfectly; it's just the second time stamp.

Gary Oliver

Mariano,

It was displaying the month instead of the minutes :-)  Fixed in 6.1.1

Cheers
G

Mariano

Thank you. :-)

Best regards,

Mariano