News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

New scenery bridge tool between PSX and MSFS

Started by CHEDHKG, Fri, 1 Apr 2022 14:17

cavaricooper

Great news!  Thanks for all that you do for us all!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

cavaricooper

Stephan-

I was able to get it to connect to MSFS with just the IP of the PSX Server (boost was same). 

Would it be possible to use a very simple aircraft like an ultralight (damage off) and save a new proper viewpoint height to use MSFS for out the window (smooth) visuals only?

I'm not particularly bothered with the VC or exterior views, but in search of an absolutely smooth performance.

It's probably hare brained.... but....

Ta- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

CHEDHKG

Quote from: cavaricooper on Tue, 17 May 2022 23:41
Stephan-

Would it be possible to use a very simple aircraft like an ultralight (damage off) and save a new proper viewpoint height to use MSFS for out the window (smooth) visuals only?

That should be possible already, but I did not try. I don't remember having anything specific to the MSFS 747

cavaricooper

Thanks- I will report back. Obviously lights will be missing but if the difference in smoothness is acute, I can fly during the day only for now :).

I hope you will consider a simple GUI for the .exe when time permits.

Thanks for your work!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

To improve smoothness, also consider reducing the level of detail or animation or whatever MSFS offers in this area. Just drop everything all the way down and see what that does. If it still stutters, then probably no new airplane will help, either.

Hoppie

asboyd

Hi Stephan,
Having a small issue with PSXMSFS.. when I have started PSX and MSFS and am waiting at the end of the runway, I start PSXMSFS and suddenly I am plunged into darkness and, although I am set for system time in both PSX and MSFS, I am now in night time....
I tried setting the PSX time to night but that did not change anything.

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Australia opposite UTC.  Maybe something reads a local time instead of zulu?

CHEDHKG

Quote from: asboyd on Wed, 18 May 2022 22:42
Hi Stephan,
Having a small issue with PSXMSFS.. when I have started PSX and MSFS and am waiting at the end of the runway, I start PSXMSFS and suddenly I am plunged into darkness and, although I am set for system time in both PSX and MSFS, I am now in night time....
I tried setting the PSX time to night but that did not change anything.

Cheers,
AlexB

Alex,

does the time change in MSFS when you change the time slider in PSX?

asboyd

No and my boost server shuts down and does not restart as per Hardy's info on other topic.
There appears to be a few things going strange with my networked setup.
If I change the situ on one of my client PC's it changes the situ on the server pc...
This is very strange.

I have also noticed that PSXMSFS does not appear in my task manager and I suspect when it bombs out it causes the boost to shut down and I cannot restart PSXMSFS. I will need to do some logging and see what is going on. Maybe there is a conflict as I already have Simconnect active in MSFS and maybe there is a conflict with the one provided by Stephan.

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

CHEDHKG

Quote from: asboyd on Thu, 19 May 2022 02:37
No and my boost server shuts down and does not restart as per Hardy's info on other topic.
If I change the situ on one of my client PC's it changes the situ on the server pc...
This is very strange.

I have also noticed that PSXMSFS does not appear in my task manager and I suspect when it bombs out it causes the boost to shut down and I cannot restart PSXMSFS. I will need to do some logging and see what is going on. Maybe there is a conflict as I already have Simconnect active in MSFS and maybe there is a conflict with the one provided by Stephan.

Cheers,
AlexB

Alex,

The Simconnect.dll file should be the same. You can use the one you have in your MSFS folders.
Send me a mail with your network set-up, as that could help me understand what is going on.

CHEDHKG

This is very strange.

Cheers,
AlexB

Alex,

Try to launch PSXMSFS with the -v option. That should print out some debug messages and create (hopefully) a DEBUTGTXT file with some info too

Hardy Heinlin

This is very strange.

Why should this be strange? PSX instances are synchronized by the main network only.
PSX instances need no boost network. The boost server is just a service for add-ons.

PSX instances can synchronize by the slower 5-Hz-position updates from the main network because each PSX instance uses the same predictive aerodynamic model which keeps the motion smooth. Scenery add-ons don't have this model and therefore need higher update rates which are provided by the boost server.

|-|ardy

CHEDHKG

Gents,

Back from holidays and thus, back to PSX.
I have been doing some long haul flights using PSXMSFS and connected at the same time on IVAO.

Everything ran smoothly and controllers could see me properly.

If some of you are using PSXMSFS and encounter some issues, please do report them to me so I can (try to) fix them.

I am now waiting for Microsoft to release their weather API, so I can include it too.

Cheers,
-Stephan

cavaricooper

Stephan-

If I could, may I ask for a simple GUI when you have workload capacity... repeatedly easier for all the village idiots like me...

Thanks for considering... Carl
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

CHEDHKG

Hi Carl,

That is indeed the next item on my to-do list. I am looking around to find what is the best way to achieve that
Hopefully in the next weeks...

Cheers,

-S.

cavaricooper

That's great to hear, thanks! Looking forward to using MSFS going forward... P3D is off my system for good. Thanks again!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

SIMU-3G7

Thank you for your wonderfull work, Amazing...
;)
Happy flying...... 8)

Gilles-Gabriel
Up There With The Best Of The Best...

VolleyballCALVA

Hello, Good day.
Recently in some of the test flights that the PSXMSFS.exe would stop the connect by itself and the last time it doing this, my aircraft in MSFS started to make a aileron roll to almost 180 degrees before I can finally got reconnected. Is this a known issue? Thank you.

CHEDHKG

Quote from: VolleyballCALVA on Mon, 18 Jul 2022 15:38
Hello, Good day.
Recently in some of the test flights that the PSXMSFS.exe would stop the connect by itself and the last time it doing this, my aircraft in MSFS started to make a aileron roll to almost 180 degrees before I can finally got reconnected. Is this a known issue? Thank you.

Hi Calva,
I did not experience that in my latest test flights. I had a similar issue, but that was on a previous version of the tool. It was a bug that should be corrected now. Can you make sure you have the latest version?

Thanks

VolleyballCALVA

It should be the one released with the MSFS slave - master one.
And I think it's the latest one on Github. But I found one problem, there's no EICAS message when MSFS is master, and I have downloaded the one on github again but still no EICAS message. So I assume this is not the latest version?
Thank you.