News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

New scenery bridge tool between PSX and MSFS

Started by CHEDHKG, Fri, 1 Apr 2022 14:17

Britjet

CHEDHKG

Quote from: Britjet on Sat, 30 Apr 2022 10:28
Thanks, Stephan!
No rush..:-)
Peter

Hi Peter,

Just uploaded a new version. This one should be better in positioning.

This version also allows MSFS to act as a master and update PSX's position.

-S.

Britjet

CHEDHKG

Quote from: CHEDHKG on Sat,  7 May 2022 12:24
Quote from: Britjet on Sat, 30 Apr 2022 10:28
Thanks, Stephan!
No rush..:-)
Peter

Hi Peter,

Just uploaded a new version. This one should be better in positioning.

This version also allows MSFS to act as a master and update PSX's position.

-S.

Fixed a very nasty bug when loading a situ file.

Britjet

Stephan,

All working very nicely now, thanks!
The P key working well. Is there a way to know which "mode" the reposition is in?

Peter

CHEDHKG

Quote from: Britjet on Wed, 11 May 2022 12:58
Stephan,

All working very nicely now, thanks!
The P key working well. Is there a way to know which "mode" the reposition is in?

Peter

Should be written out on the console. I can try to add some more explicit message though. What would you prefer to have ?

Will

Hello Stephan,

I just joined the bandwagon! I'll get a chance to try it out in the nest few days, and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your contribution to the community.

Will

Will /Chicago /USA

Britjet

Stephan,
You mean the CMD box "console" ? I never have that visible..Using full screen on MSFS so it doesn't naturally show..

However, I've found that changing time in PSX shows which mode I am in. If PSX is the slave then obviously time of day lighting doesn't change.
Peter

CHEDHKG

Quote from: Britjet on Thu, 12 May 2022 19:03
Stephan,
You mean the CMD box "console" ? I never have that visible..Using full screen on MSFS so it doesn't naturally show..

However, I've found that changing time in PSX shows which mode I am in. If PSX is the slave then obviously time of day lighting doesn't change.
Peter

Peter,

Let me check if I can print a message in MSFS, or alternatively, I can try to print something on the MCDU

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

It is simple to make an EICAS message of your own choice appear.

Hoppie

CHEDHKG

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Fri, 13 May 2022 11:20

Hoppie

Yup, I was going into that too. Just making sure it won´t interfere with something. But then, when MSFS is master and PSX slave, you don´t really care....

CHEDHKG

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Fri, 13 May 2022 11:20

Hoppie

And new version uploaded that prints a message on EICAS whenever MSFS is the master

Britjet

asboyd

Hi Stephan,
I tried your bridge with P3DV5.3 and the commend window shows a "Simconnect_ID" error and quits.
I tried with each of the Simconnect.dll's that come with P3DV5 and none of them work correctly with your bridge.

I have not set it up to connect to MSFS yet to try it out... Will give it a go at some stage..
Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

cavaricooper

Stephan-
First, thank-you.

You asked for interest in a GUI and I'd like to confirm that there is, please.

Second-
For those using this project, can you please comment on smoothness of the slave camera? For me, that has been every prior scenery generator's Achilles Heel.... Leading me to often fly PSX in stand alone mode.

Third-
If someone has crib notes on getting this to work (An Idiot's Guide) this idiot would appreciate a copy.

Ta- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Gary Oliver

Carl,

Smoothness is the main issue with MSFS injection at the moment.  It's just about okay on a monitor but on a projector unless it's frame synced or acceleration injections it just feels  very unnatural  (as I've been used to the ultimate smoothness with external sim and the projectors on 30hz).

I was in contact with the asobo CEO who promised to get this looked at but since my initial email all of my others have been ignored.

I went down the route of trying to disable the flight mode and inject accelerations but you just cannot do it with the current sim itself.

It's great to see so many people doing psx links! And I did try this and found it good on a monitor but just too stuttery especially in turns on a wraparound display - nothing to do with the coding of this link, just the underlying API from Asobo.

Fingers crossed!  I can't wait to retire P3D!

Cheers
G

CHEDHKG

Quote from: asboyd on Tue, 17 May 2022 07:16
Hi Stephan,
I tried your bridge with P3DV5.3 and the commend window shows a "Simconnect_ID" error and quits.
I tried with each of the Simconnect.dll's that come with P3DV5 and none of them work correctly with your bridge.

I have not set it up to connect to MSFS yet to try it out... Will give it a go at some stage..
Cheers,
AlexB

Hi Alex,

I have to point out that indeed I have only tried with MSFS and not P3D as I do not have P3D. That is probably due to some discrepancies between the two DLL.
If I can manage a way of trying with the P3D simconnect, I will give ti a shot.

-S.

CHEDHKG

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Tue, 17 May 2022 11:49
[...] - nothing to do with the coding of this link, just the underlying API from Asobo.

[...]

Not so sure..... 6 months ago I knew nothing about coding. Let me see if I can further smoothen the link. Will try working on a frame based injection and will let you guys know.

-S.

cavaricooper

Thanks Gary... hope springs eternal...

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Gary Oliver

Just an update from Asobo - It's on the team backlog and they are currently looking at our request :-)

Good work team PSX!