News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

New scenery bridge tool between PSX and MSFS

Started by CHEDHKG, Fri, 1 Apr 2022 14:17

CHEDHKG

Quote from: Jack love 744ERF on Fri,  8 Apr 2022 00:03
I am very looking forward to the weather sync function which means a lot to pilot training, and will be the biggest difference from other visual app. Thank you very much! For now it works perfectly.

Ah Good idea.... but that would probably be quite challenging. Let me see what I can do

B747pilotusa

this is a great tool I really like it, any chance for the weather injection, definitely, as someone said, is very important for the training, and definitely will be awesome to be able to see a display

my best  regards

JC

Peter Lang

Hello,

maybe a stupid question, but how did you guys get this program to work?

When I open the console (Win +R), search the path and enter psxmsfs.exe, a message pops up, which tells me that the software cannot be executed on this PC.

When I open the DosBox via cmd and try to start the program there I get the following message:

-------------
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1586]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

C:\Users\Peter>e:

E:\>cd E:\MSFS\PSXMSFS

E:\MSFS\PSXMSFS>psxmsfs.exe
Die Version von E:\MSFS\PSXMSFS\PSXMSFS.exe ist mit der ausgeführten Windows-Version nicht kompatibel. Überprüfen Sie die Systeminformationen des Computers, und wenden Sie sich anschließend an den Herausgeber der Software.

E:\MSFS\PSXMSFS>
---------------

It says psxmsfs.exe is not compatible with my windows version. An additional popup window tells me, that this is a 16 bit program which cannot be executed.
I assume you all have Win 10 64 bit systems, so what did I miss here?

My system is german Win 10, 64 bit professional.
All 4 files are in the directory as described here: https://github.com/TheChed/PSXMSFS/tree/main/bin

Peter

CHEDHKG

Quote from: B747pilotusa on Sat,  9 Apr 2022 20:52
this is a great tool I really like it, any chance for the weather injection, definitely, as someone said, is very important for the training, and definitely will be awesome to be able to see a display

my best  regards

JC

That will be my next challenge... not sure what I can do. Will start looking at it tomorrow

CHEDHKG

Quote from: Peter Lang on Sun, 10 Apr 2022 11:05
Hello,

maybe a stupid question, but how did you guys get this program to work?

When I open the console (Win +R), search the path and enter psxmsfs.exe, a message pops up, which tells me that the software cannot be executed on this PC.

[...]

Hi Peter,

Weird error indeed.... May be trying to run the program as admin ?
I uploaded also a new version (with some added features, and probably a lot of bugs). Can you try with it ?

JohnH

I run PSX on computer A and FS2020 on computer B, is it possible to run your program across a network? If yes what do I need to change?

Thanks for the program, John

Peter Lang

Quote from: CHEDHKG on Sun, 10 Apr 2022 12:57

Hi Peter,

Weird error indeed.... May be trying to run the program as admin ?
I uploaded also a new version (with some added features, and probably a lot of bugs). Can you try with it ?

Hi Stephan,

thanks for your fast reply. I just downloaded the new version, but the same compatibility error occurs. Also trying to run the program as admin does not help.

Just an idea, in former time such strange things happened due to county specific settings e.g. "." and ", " which caused trouble. But I'm not sure if these things still can happen.

Peter

CHEDHKG

I have Win10 and tessted it on it....

If you go to :

Start->Settings->About

What does the line "System Type" indicate ?

Peter Lang

Quote from: CHEDHKG on Sun, 10 Apr 2022 17:45
I have Win10 and tessted it on it....

If you go to :

Start->Settings->About

What does the line "System Type" indicate ?

Hi Stephan,
thats what the system tells me:

Gerätename   FS-VIEW
Prozessor   AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12-Core Processor              3.80 GHz
Installierter RAM   32,0 GB
Geräte-ID   A7D8E102-D171-4DE0-9066-8089AC4A9F3E
Produkt-ID   00330-75020-25318-AAOEM
Systemtyp   64-Bit-Betriebssystem, x64-basierter Prozessor
Stift- und Toucheingabe   Für diese Anzeige ist keine Stift- oder Toucheingabe verfügbar.

Edition   Windows 10 Pro
Version   21H2
Installiert am   ‎22.‎03.‎2021
Betriebssystembuild   19044.1586
Leistung   Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

Hope this is the information you need

Peter

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: JohnH on Sun, 10 Apr 2022 16:46
I run PSX on computer A and FS2020 on computer B, is it possible to run your program across a network? If yes what do I need to change?

Typically you run this kind of program on the FS2020 machine and point it at the PSX machine by feeding the program the IP address of the PSX machine, instead of the default 127.0.0.1.  I don't know whether the program already has this option; it most likely comes out of the box with 127.0.0.1.

Hoppie

JohnH

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Sun, 10 Apr 2022 21:23

Typically you run this kind of program on the FS2020 machine and point it at the PSX machine by feeding the program the IP address of the PSX machine, instead of the default 127.0.0.1.  I don't know whether the program already has this option; it most likely comes out of the box with 127.0.0.1.

Hoppie

Thanks for the info, yes when I start it on the FS2020 PC it shows 127.0.0.1, I am not sure how or if you can change that?

John

asboyd

John,
If you start the PSXMSFS in a cmd box with "-help" or "-h" you will get a list of command line options. You can then use a command line setting to set the IP addresses of both the main and boost servers.

Cheers,
AlexB

Update example: d:\PSXMSFS.exe -m 192.168.92.246 -p 30474 -b 192.168.92.246 -c 30475
-m IP address of main server
-p Port of same
-b IP address of boost server
-c Port of same.
:)
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

CHEDHKG

Quote from: JohnH on Sun, 10 Apr 2022 22:14
Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Sun, 10 Apr 2022 21:23

Hoppie

Thanks for the info, yes when I start it on the FS2020 PC it shows 127.0.0.1, I am not sure how or if you can change that?

John

John,

if you launch the program with the switch -h it will give you options to change both the main and/or boost server.
In a nutshell you would launch it on the MSFS machine with the option:

PSXMSFS -m xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  (this would log in to  the main server at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
you can then add the option -b yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy to specify another boost server address, but by default it will pick up the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx you specified for the main server

B747-400

Hi Peter,

really strange ... Win 10 has some kind of a compatibility checker.

Right click the exe file, click on "Eigenschaften" (Properties) and then follow the menu items.

See here:

Let's see, what Windows is going to tell us about ...

Servus aus Wien
Hans

CHEDHKG

Hi,

With the latest features added to the tool, are you guys experiencing any lags, crashes, weird behaviours etc, or is it still running (reasonably) smoothly ?

My test platform is a bit limited (I am running it inside a Win10 virtual machine, hosted on a Linux box) and I experience some of the above which I cannot explain or systematically reproduce (probably due to my very poor coding techniques....)

But nonetheless, I will continue adding features if you guys find it usefull.

Next on my plate is to handle the weather

Cheers,

-S.

Cheers,

JohnH

I managed to get connected and command prompt says,,

connected to psx main server on xxx.xxx.x.x:10747
connected to psx boost server on xxx.xxx.x.x:10749
connected to MSFS

However the 747 in MSFS is in the middle of the ocean somewhere?

Thanks John

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Middle of the ocean probably is in the Gulf of Guinea, lat/lon (0,0).

JohnH

I had the same issue with ExternalSim and it was a firewall issue. I have the firewall off but still get the problem?

John

Peter Lang

Quote from: B747-400 on Mon, 11 Apr 2022 10:23
Hi Peter,

really strange ... Win 10 has some kind of a compatibility checker.

Right click the exe file, click on "Eigenschaften" (Properties) and then follow the menu items.

See here:

Let's see, what Windows is going to tell us about ...

Servus aus Wien
Hans

Hi Hans,

thank you for your input.

I checked the Properties (Eigenschaften). They revealed one issue, but solving it unfortunately did not solve the problem.

1. on Common Page (Allgemeines) below Attributes (and checkboxes for write protected and hidden) there was a text with a checkbox telling me that the file was from a private programmer and therefore blocked. After unchecking the box the text dissapeared. Then I tried again to run the program, but without success.

2. in the compatibility section I checked problemsolving mode, everything down to Win 95 and the settings. No effect

3. in the security section, I added a new user (Jeder = everybody) which often helps with network permissions. No effect. clicking on the extension Button (Erweitert) the same.

4. on the details page there I should have the possibility to remove attributes and personal informations. Here my system does not allow to remove anything.

5. previous versions shows nothing...

So up to now no chance to run the software It still shows the same message that my 64 bit system cannot execute a 16 bit program. 

Peter

asboyd

Ensure you have UAC turned off in Windows 10. and Also make sure you install the program in a directory that is owned by you, in other words do not use any of the Windows system folders.... "Windows", "User" (eg Desktop or libraries), "Program Files", etc.
I have a separate Directory called f:\flightstuff\PSX which contains my add-on programs in their own directories.

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia