News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Downloaded PSX update but PSX version will not change

Started by AtlasMark, Thu, 3 Mar 2022 20:38

AtlasMark

Thanks for a great product, Hardy. And I appreciate all you guys helping me get it on my computer.

Cheers, and Best regards.

HM21

Good afternoon, am trying to use Aerowinx after six months and I can't get it to load (never had this issue before). Am using an iMac which I updated recently to Ventura 13.0 and have also deleted old Aerowinx.jar and replaced it with 10.157 but will not open never mind how many times I click on it.

I have looked through various other post here but can't find solution... any advice appreciated. Thanks

Will

Don't click on Aerowinx.jar; instead, click on AerowinxStart.jar.
Will /Chicago /USA

HM21

Thanks for response Will, I did also try AerowinxStart.jar and AerowinxNetStart.jar but nothing. First time I tried to open it said "AerowinxStart.jar cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer" ..

Hardy Heinlin

Right-click to get the pop-up menu, and on that menu click "Open".

HM21

Hi Hardy, yes tried that also and that's when got message about unidentified developer.

Hardy Heinlin

HM21

Thanks am familiar with the Mac and no issues with other applications, with Aerowinx its not even giving open anyway option. Will look into it when have more time.

Hardy Heinlin

Which macOS version did you use before, and did PSX start on that version?

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

In most cases, it isn't PSX that plays up, it's Java. If your Java installation got hosed then PSX has no chance to even try. You need to have a working Java and the .jar extension/file type needs to be associated with it.

Hoppie

Hardy Heinlin

Hi HM21, in case you haven't tried it yet, here's another suggestion:

Please go to your Mac's System Preferences panel, and at the bottom of that panel click "Java" to open that separate Java panel.
On the Java panel select the Security tab (see screeenshot below) and on the "Exception Site List" enter this:

file:///Applications/Aerowinx/

Then click OK.

(I assume your Aerowinx folder is in your Mac's Applications folder.)

Regards,

|-|ardy

Guy13

Hi Hardy,
The problem is to find this java console in the new "System settings" of Ventura. ;(

Since I installed Ventura impossible to open PSX.
I installed Java 7. and the error.txt file:

[Aerowinx Precision Simulator - Exceptions]

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class Core (in unnamed module @0x6ced7109) cannot access class com.apple.eawt.Application (in module java.desktop) because module java.desktop does not export com.apple.eawt to unnamed module @0x6ced7109
   at Core.startAll(Core.java:657)
   at Aerowinx.main(Aerowinx.java:65)

An idea ? Thanks.
Regards
Guy

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Guy,

I'm not familiar with Ventura (yet). I just looked at some videos about it and it seems to be a mess ...

Completely redesigned. Oh dear ...

I recommend all PSX users to stay away from Ventura until further notice ...

|-|ardy

Does this video help?
https://youtu.be/qpgDfLWH0dA

Martin Baker

Just to report that I'm on Ventura (13.0) and can run PSX as normal. I have Java 8 update 261 and the control panel appears in the system settings - I didn't need to tweak anything after installing Ventura.

M

Guy13

Hi Hardy,

When I installed Ventura on my macmini M1, I installed version 1.9 "macOS Arm 64 DMG Installer". It was this version that did not work with PSX and the Control Panel did not appear.
I installed version 1.8.0_351. The control panel appeared, but still unable to launch PSX.
I struggled a bit but ended up managing to uninstall version 19 and now everything works.
Thank you for for your attention.
Regards
Guy