News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Navigraph Charts: native Aerowinx PSX support - support needed (by you)

Started by Markus Vitzethum, Wed, 2 Feb 2022 07:57

Markus Vitzethum

Hi all,

usually I don't ask people in one forum to post in another one, but in this case, it might be justified, hopefully.

Here on the Aerowinx forum, there were multiple previous discussions on whether the Navigraph Charts software would natively support the display of the PSX position in the map (instead of relying on the scenery generator), therefore supporting standalone PSX setups. It's obvious that the best solution is not a hack but rather a PSX interface in Navigraph Simlink.

I have asked the Simlink Dev team for native PSX in their forums (since the Navdata site of the company officially supports PSX now).

Their response was encouraging - they said they would consider, depending on demand.

So ... if you're interested in PSX support for Navigraph charts, this is your chance. It might help to increase the chances by showing that there is a demand, e.g. replying in the Navigraph forum thread.

https://forum.navigraph.com/t/simlink-feature-request-aerowinx-psx-support/7329

Thanks,
  Markus

andrej

Hello Markus,

I have added my support to your request. :)

Best,
Andrej

G-CIVA

Steve Bell
aka The CC

Robert Staudinger

Hardy Heinlin

(Hi Scud, just one detail: "new market of professional training", as you wrote on their forum, isn't really an option as all Navi stuff is permitted for entertainment only.)

Peter Lang

ScudRunner

cavaricooper

Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

evaamo

Enrique Vaamonde

asboyd

Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

EC-JCP

Captain_Crow

I will send my support too.
But, for me, without a stand alone VATSIM-client, it will not make real sense for me, since I always have to use a scenery generator like XP11 or MSFS with all the problems this stuff makes.
But anyway, I will support.
Best
Steff

cavaricooper

There has been no mention of development in this arena for a very long while now... hoping someone creates a plug-in as that seems more likely of a solution...

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Bluestar

I followed the link to express my support, but noticed the thread was CLOSED. 

I'm guessing they got the message.   :)

Bode
Grace and Peace,

Bode

Markus Vitzethum

Correct, that is the latest feedback by Stefan - they got the message.
However, work on the new charts app currently has a higher priority then a new simlink version with PSX support.